Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update - Fishing & Guide Available!!!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Cool Hay Day Update - Fishing & Guide Available!!!

UPDATE: We are aware of 2 minor issues - the barn/silo numbers are missing when you harvest & at the road side shop, and some may experience missing friends/odd friends when new ones are added. We will look into these as soon as possible!!

Hey All,

We are so AMOOOOOOZINGLY excited to introduce this update which will bring Hay Day to a whole new level!! You will be able to finally repair the fishing boat, travel to a completely new area, do some fishing, collect new rewards and so much more!! Below the image is a how-to-fish guide, but first the full list of new things & some fixes in Hay Day version 1.10.77:

• New area: Travel outside of your farm for the first time ever! Take a boat down the river and enjoy a whole new part of the country! Meet Angus the fisherman, enjoy the beautiful nature, and take a little break from your tasks at the farm. Relax, catch some fish and simply have a wonderful time.

• Collect them all: catch 30 different fish of all colors and shapes and collect them in your fishing scrapbook. Can you lure in the legendary Golden Trout?

• Amazing diamond rewards: get diamonds for catching new fish. Each fish also comes in different sizes. Collect them all to get all the diamonds!

• Expand your fishing area with the same expansion items that you find at your farm. Expansions let you fish more and help to complete your collection!

• Fishing minigame: Hold down your finger to drop the line and attract fish. Once you lure in a fish, enjoy a thrilling chase! Move the lure to lead the fish into the catching spot. Be quick, or it will escape!

• Fish products: create tasty fish burgers and delicious fish pies.

• Complete new rewarding achievements based on fishing.

Additional:

• Russian support added
    • Based on our great competition on the Hay Day forums: New postman thank you notes texts straight from our amoozing community
    • Improvements and bug fixes to the friend-lists
    • Fixes with lost progress & items

Fishing Guide

How does fishing work?
    By now you must have noticed your uncle’s old boat on the shore; she used to be such a beauty. Fix her up and set sail on a new fishing adventure!

Down the river you will discover a new fishing area and get to meet Angus, who will guide you through the basics of fishing. Once you have followed the tutorial Angus will give you 3 free lures and you will be ready to catch your first fish! Visit the fishing hut to check your progress in your uncle’s old fishing book, and there you will find a reward for each new type of fish you catch!

To create new lures just tap on the lure workbench and select the type of lure you would like to make.

When you finally return home, you will find a nice stash of fish filet to create new and exciting products with!

How do I fish?
    Fishing is a fun new feature introduced with the latest update. It is very easy to learn but gets more challenging as you move to different fishing areas and try to catch rarer fish.

To start fishing in any open fishing area just tap and hold a lure, and drag it into the water. Try to attract a fish to the bait by slowly moving it in the water. When a fish bites, a circle will appear around the pool and start to close. You need to keep the struggling fish inside the circle by pulling the line in the opposite direction to where the fish is swimming.

If you can keep the fish inside the circle until it closes, you have caught the fish and can collect your reward from the fishing scrapbook. Don’t worry about the ones that get away, you can try again until you find a catch! You won’t lose your lure if the fish get away.

Angus will show you how to fish when you first enter the fishing area. Angus will also help you out any time, just by tap him to see the tutorial again.

How to unlock fishing areas?
    It’s time to explore your new fishing area! When you start your fishing adventure, the water will be covered with fog and you have to unlock an area in order to see it.

How do you unlock an area? Simple! It works the same way as unlocking expansion slots back at your farm. You will need a certain amount of land deeds, mallets and marker stakes to unlock any given area – the exact amount required will display when you tap on a locked area.

If you need expansion items to open an area, you can be patient and wait until you find the missing tools through playing the game (harvesting crops, collecting products from animals, spinning the wheel etc.), or you can purchase the missing tools with diamonds by clicking on the "+". Using the second option, you will be immediately able to unlock a new fishing area.

There are several different types of fishing area to explore. For example rocky areas, deep and shallow areas, reef areas. In different areas, different types of fish can be caught.

Pssst! Take a closer look at the pictures in the fishing book for clues about which areas contain which fish!

How do I get lures?
    The purpose of the lure is to use movement and colour to catch the fish's attention. You can produce 5 different kinds of lures (red, green, blue, purple and gold) at the lure workbench and each lure attracts different kinds of fishes (have a sneak peek at the scrapbook and get a hint!). You get 3 red lures for free but you will have to produce more lures if you want to catch more fish

You don't need any resources to produce the red lure but you will need vouchers to produce other lures.

What is the scrapbook?
    When you tap on your fishing hut, you will find a scrapbook where you can keep a log on all the different fish you have caught and the rewards you have unlocked. And besides, all fishermen should keep scrapbooks for bragging rights

There are 30 different fish species that can be caught and when you catch a new fish type, go back to your fish scrapbook, flip through the pages until you find its picture flashing and claim a reward. The rewards you receive depend on the fish’s weight. Obviously the heaviest catch will give the highest reward for each fish species. So make sure you catch them all, try and catch every kind of fish weight to get all the precious rewards!

Also, as you flip through the pages and wonder how to catch more of one type of fish or how to catch a new type of fish, take a closer look to find hints on what types of lures attract a certain fish and what fishing area you can find them. For example, tap and hold the pictures to read a brief description about the different types of fish.

I lost my lure!!!
    Luckily, you don't lose the lure if you don't catch the fish! You can try fishing with the same lure as many times as you need until you manage to catch a fish. Only when you catch a fish, the lure is deducted from your lure box.

We would LOVE to hear your feedback about this update, so the stage is yours!!

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by Kolonistje1; June 13th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Nick / Supercell (GC: slusse)
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay

This better be an awesome update since i was able to witness it in game.

Moe @ Azure Sky

Looks amazing guys good work!!!!!!😃😃😃😃😃😃

Most Level-Headed Member
    Nice recycle of the land expansion materials!

....and the vouchers!

Wwwooouuwwwwwwwww I'm going to play it Now it looks Great thnx Hay Day

Edit :I want to tell you that I Like the Fishing and the whole New area it's so nice
    I have so far caught many different fish and make my first fishfood.

THNX HAY DAY FOR THIS WONDERFULL UPDATE!!!!!!!!

And please dear Hay Day players for once don't complain About the update the have done there best the give us a totely new area where we can fish now you all know now why it toke so long this update. we all now that the bugs there in Now they will work on it Like they always do. they have never disapoint us.

Just enjoy the New update
    Last edited by Natasja52; June 15th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
    Feel free to add me GC minames76 (lvl 62)

Is the servers supposed to be offline?
    level 38 add me on Game Center : AmandaB16

Time the maintenance takes

How long does it takes to do the update? thanks!

I'm glad i didn't trade my land expansion items today now!
    | GC/KiK: sylviaycheng | Level: 65 | Captain III | Turbo Trucker III | Co-op III |

Please include your GC and LVL in your PM

Lol. Sold all my expansion items just before the update.
    GC:ThellusBR
    Lvl: 104. Th: 9
    BK:14 AQ:15
    Walls 8: 196
    Walls 9: 54

Omg, just when I thought I couldn't get anymore addicted to this game. Sounds great!
    GC: hyper Kiki

lvl 53