Thread: Loading a village - a little different

Loading a village - a little different

Ok, so I downloaded the game on my phone a while ago. I just started the tutorial and didn't really do anything, but it linked to my gamecenter profile. I bought an ipad a few weeks ago and started playing clash of clans on that. Every time I load the game it asks if I want to load the lvl 1 profile, which I assume will delete my current one. Today I deleted the game on my phone and said to delete gamecenter information. My ipad is at home right now, but I should be able to load it on my ipad, which will link it to my gamecenter, then log in on my phone and my ipad village will be on both of my devices right?

I'm not really sure what will happen but backup your ipad before you try it, then there will at least be a way to get that village back.
    GC - zombiebender
    Need help with Boom Beach?

How can I back it up on my ipad? Even after deleting the game and gamecenter info on my phone, it is still asking me if i want to load the lvl 1 village when I open the game on my ipad.

Anyone? I'm really amazed how poor supercell's customer support is. I sent an e-mail in multiple days ago and have still not received a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgjohnst View Post
    Anyone? I'm really amazed how poor supercell's customer support is. I sent an e-mail in multiple days ago and have still not received a response.
    Supercell will take an average of 2-4 weeks to get back to you. And besides, have you read the sticky for help? You need to do something as well. A factory restore may work. Deleting the app does nothing, exempt waste time. And as zombie said back it up first

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    |IGN: KL597|Clan: Australia Elite|TH:9|

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Ellison
    If you make people think they're thinking they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you
    Est | August 2012

Clash of clans won't load

The game wont load i haven't been able to play properly for 2 weeks now its so annoying

I got this a couple times last month. I just fully turned my phone off then back on and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by KL597 View Post
    Supercell will take an average of 2-4 weeks to get back to you. And besides, have you read the sticky for help? You need to do something as well. A factory restore may work. Deleting the app does nothing, exempt waste time. And as zombie said back it up first
    I am not about to do a factory restore on my phone to fix a stupid issue caused by bad planning by a game developer. There should be a much faster and easier fix. 2-4 weeks for a reply is ridiculous.

Gamecenter

Hey to get the village back use the gamecenter account you linked it too. When you enter game it may say "do you want to load this village with (TH level)" and "this village will be lost" just click okay and it shud take you to your old village. I use this method when I'm at school and I want to check my base on my friends iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgjohnst View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the game on my phone a while ago. I just started the tutorial and didn't really do anything, but it linked to my gamecenter profile. I bought an ipad a few weeks ago and started playing clash of clans on that. Every time I load the game it asks if I want to load the lvl 1 profile, which I assume will delete my current one. Today I deleted the game on my phone and said to delete gamecenter information. My ipad is at home right now, but I should be able to load it on my ipad, which will link it to my gamecenter, then log in on my phone and my ipad village will be on both of my devices right?

Incorrect. Just deleting the game from the iPhone and deleting the gamecenter information off the phone does not sever the link between gamecenter and that specific village on the servers. For the most part, once you have attached a village to a gamecenter, it's permanent.

You are correct with your first assumption if you accept loading the lvl 1 profile onto the iPad, it will overwrite that iPad village, which is not linked to a gamecenter (being played locally).

You need to create a new gamecenter account and log into your iPad with that. That will attach the iPad game and then you can log into your iPhone with the new gamecenter if you want to play it on both devices.