Thread: Clash of Clans Android Version? Please?

Clash of Clans Android Version? Please?

Hey guys, new to the forums and joined mainly to ask this question. Will there be an Android Version of Clash Of Clans? I love the game on my iPad, and would also love to play it on my Galaxy S3. I know you might not think it would be worth it or whatever, but you have a ton of fan apps already, and I think adding an Android version of the game could potentially double your fan base. And many people would be VERY happy. I never understood why if a developer made a game for one platform, why can't they make it for the other? It can't be to hard to port it over. I know this has probably been asked about a billion times on these forums but I'm just trying to help everyone out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowkee View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forums and joined mainly to ask this question. Will there be an Android Version of Clash Of Clans? I love the game on my iPad, and would also love to play it on my Galaxy S3. I know you might not think it would be worth it or whatever, but you have a ton of fan apps already, and I think adding an Android version of the game could potentially double your fan base. And many people would be VERY happy. I never understood why if a developer made a game for one platform, why can't they make it for the other? It can't be to hard to port it over. I know this has probably been asked about a billion times on these forums but I'm just trying to help everyone out here.
    No joke this is about the 10th, probably more, thread created on this topic. Supercell stated they are focussing on improving the IOS version and have no plans for an android version in the next few months
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowkee View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I wouldn't say a billion times, but half a dozen a week maybe.

You can't direct port iOS's Objective-C to Android's Java. It's not as easy as one would think. That being said, Supercell is focusing on iOS and have no immediate plans for Android, PC, Mac, Kindle, windows 8 tablets, gameboy, raspberry pi, leapfrog, Commodore, Atari 8-Bit, x-box live, or any other platform. 8-)
    Last edited by twister; December 7th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I wouldn't say a billion times, but half a dozen a week maybe.

You can't direct port iOS's Objective-C to Android's Java. It's not as easy as one would think. That being said, Supercell is focusing on iOS and have no immediate plans for Android, PC, Mac, Kindle, windows 8 tablets, gameboy, raspberry pi, leapfrog, Commodore, Atari 8-Bit, x-box live, or any other platform. 8-)
    PS3! ....... Yeah yeah the "any other platform" part haha
    Last edited by twister; December 7th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Yeah so many duplicate posts about android.
    Maybe make a sticky "Android" topic (closed) and then just keep merging the new ones.
    Ask them to read your post,then they wont need to reply

I feel like they would make a lot more money if they made one on Android.

But then again, I know nothing of programming and have no idea how hard it would be to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I feel like they would make a lot more money if they made one on Android.

But then again, I know nothing of programming and have no idea how hard it would be to do that.
    I agree 100%