Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insane battery drain

Insane battery drain

Has anyone else been having horrible battery life (im using iphone 5) when playing clash of clans? If i only use it for COC, i can barely get 2 - 2.5 hrs

I have an iphone 5, and I get horrible battery drain for everything (movies, internet, music, no service) including coc!
    >Clockworth123 Recruitment thread< >CoC Poetry< -- Click links! CHINO BEER is a whale!
    Clan wars are great, it ranks the best, and puts their bases to the test.
    You have two chances to attack, and put some stars up on the map.
    No empty castles, no used up traps, infernos full, xbows are strapped.
    You will be JUDGED, when replay reveals, what army was used and player skills.

If I don't play coc I have enough energy for the whole day.
    If I actively play coc, my phone gets low on battery (10-20%) by midday.
    Yeah it drains iphone5 juice like crazy. Why?

I hesitate to blame coc, even though coc does drain the battery crazy fast. The reason I hesitate to blame coc is because so many other things drain the battery life quickly too. Of course if I dont use my phone it lasts all day. The #1 source of battery drain is the screen, and coc uses a screen full of bright vivid colors. I get the same drain streaming netflix on my phone, or watching movies I downloaded on my phone. The iphone 5 is a good phone, but its battery is its weakness...
    >Clockworth123 Recruitment thread< >CoC Poetry< -- Click links! CHINO BEER is a whale!
    Clan wars are great, it ranks the best, and puts their bases to the test.
    You have two chances to attack, and put some stars up on the map.
    No empty castles, no used up traps, infernos full, xbows are strapped.
    You will be JUDGED, when replay reveals, what army was used and player skills.

Did you turn your luminosity down??

Allez
    Impact Allez and Go Als Go
    A
    dd me on gamecenter RICHYLEGS
    Clan: Ninja Knights
    IGN: Richard

Quote Originally Posted by mrBaDFelix View Post
    If I don't play coc I have enough energy for the whole day.
    If I actively play coc, my phone gets low on battery (10-20%) by midday.
    Yeah it drains iphone5 juice like crazy. Why?
    Same here, when i did not know about coc yet, i could last the whole day and then some; now, i need to recharge in the afternoon. Its too addicting though!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHINOBEER View Post
    I hesitate to blame coc, even though coc does drain the battery crazy fast. The reason I hesitate to blame coc is because so many other things drain the battery life quickly too. Of course if I dont use my phone it lasts all day. The #1 source of battery drain is the screen, and coc uses a screen full of bright vivid colors. I get the same drain streaming netflix on my phone, or watching movies I downloaded on my phone. The iphone 5 is a good phone, but its battery is its weakness...
    Yeah this makes sense, all the colors and all the data coc recieves on your device is sure to drain it. Iphone 5 does seem to have a relatively weak battery compared to my ipad3, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYRICH View Post
    Did you turn your luminosity down??
    Its at around half brightness. Would lowering it help significantly?

one of the biggest battery drainers is BRIGHTNESS idk about u guys but my iphone4 (about 60%) brightness i can barely notice a difference from 100% (full slider) so that helps a lot! also my phone is jailbroken and i encourage anyone else who has their iDevice jailbroken to install auto-app killer that will keep ur memory high and keep your phone from running battery/memory hungry apps and other things. BATTERY SAVER!
    Besides that most things dont affect it,
    CoC is surpriingsly a pretty battery draining game so while ur troops are making DONT play you always get a notification that your troops are ready if you delete it from multi-tasking which is what i do!
    -Spam
    Started NON GEM account:4/28/13 TH6: 5/12/13 TH7:5/17/13
    DAILY CLASH OF CLANS VIDEOS:http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSpammer615
    www.MisfitsOfWar.com

I have the same problem
    Retired Stats: Stryfe/Lvl 91/Th 9/
    Reborn as: AiR/Lvl 21/Th5
    Looking to follow in my old footsteps

I just played COC on iPhone 5 for 1ins half brightness and it drained my batter 35%. Any apps like Netflix YouTube ext. use a lot but I would guess its only 1/2 that much at most because I can 2+ movies without it dyeing so say 3-4 hours but COC I would only get 1 hour at the very most.

Samsung Note 2

After 39.21 min. use of phone and just alittle on Coc i have gone down to 89% battery left. And Coc is on top of brightness with 54% battery usages.. brightness is at 27%..

Lol wth is going on here.. i can see a full 720p movie for like 1.30 Hrs befor this much battery is gone.