Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Restoring Clash of Clans Data

Restoring Clash of Clans Data

I am restoring my iPod Touch 4g to factory defaults because of glitches and all-round terrible slowness. The only app on my iPod that I really care about is Clash of Clans. When you restore to factory defaults it deletes all data on the device, restoring it to what it looked like when new. I have worked A LOT on this game, so I really dont want to lose the data. I assume there is some complicated process I need to take with iCloud and files and stuff, but as long as I can restore my data after this, I will be fine. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by tucketdog44 View Post
    I am restoring my iPod Touch 4g to factory defaults because of glitches and all-round terrible slowness. The only app on my iPod that I really care about is Clash of Clans. When you restore to factory defaults it deletes all data on the device, restoring it to what it looked like when new. I have worked A LOT on this game, so I really dont want to lose the data. I assume there is some complicated process I need to take with iCloud and files and stuff, but as long as I can restore my data after this, I will be fine. Please help!
    Make sure your CoC village is associated with Gamecenter. If so, when you restore your phone, first log into gamecenter, then when you launch CoC it should load your village.

If you're not tied to GC, rather just playing locally, I haven't seen many positive results after a restore, even with the iCloud backup.

A few questions... How can I tell if I am linked to GameCenter or not? And if I am,
    How do I save my game data to GameCenter?
    Or if it does it automatically then is there a way I can do a manual save to gamecenter?

A few questions... How can I tell if I am linked to GameCenter or not? And if I am,
    Or if it does it automatically then is there a way I can do a manual save to gamecenter?
    Your Game Center name will flash up the top of the screen but you have to be connected to wifi or some sort of 3 G connection.
    Data is stored on the Supercell servers so it will update automatically.
    Game Center is only used to recognise your I'd and achievements.

Probably the easiest way to tell, is every time you launch CoC you will get a little rectangle with the Gamecenter icon on the left, that says something like "Welcome Back <GC Name>"

Or you can open your Gamecenter, click "Games" at the bottom, and check that CoC is listed in there.

If you're still not convinced, borrow a friends iOS device that doesn't play CoC, log into gamecenter there, and launch CoC and see if your village loads.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    Your Game Center name will flash up the top of the screen but you have to be connected to wifi or some sort of 3 G connection.
    Data is stored on the Supercell servers so it will update automatically.
    Game Center is only used to recognise your I'd and achievements.
    Thank you! I will do the restore and tell you how it works out.

OH GOD NO!
    I lost everything! I restored as planned, and did these things in this order:
    1) Downloaded clash of clans
    2) Once download was complete, launched clash of clans
    3) Watched in horror as I had NOTHING.

Please someone help! I had level 7 town hall, upgraded mines, everything... I am flipping screwed.

EDIT: Then, just to screw it up more, I just tried deleting and reinstalling and accidentally hit "Delete from gamecenter"... CRAP
    Last edited by tucketdog44; December 1st, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

OH GOD NO!

Please someone help! I had level 7 town hall, upgraded mines, everything... I am flipping screwed.

EDIT: Then, just to screw it up more, I just tried deleting and reinstalling and accidentally hit "Delete from gamecenter"... CRAP
    Did you log into gamecenter before you launched CoC?

Same thing here account just gone. There has to be a fix, how can they say that your account is just gone when they have paying customers. I understand game center saving your account but that can't be a deal breaker.

OH GOD NO!

Once you delete the Game Center data I think your screwed