Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troop upgrades... Which first?

Troop upgrades... Which first?

I've been using giants, barbs and gobs with great success. Which troops are best to upgrade first? Are archers worth using at all. I tried them a couple if times but was not impressed.

Any help is appreciated!

Banned
    what level are you...

are we talking the first laboratory upgrade?

Basically I think Archers would be first, but if you can't afford that...do barbs first.
    Do what you can afford and work way up.

Quote Originally Posted by EgoKiller View Post
    I've been using giants, barbs and gobs with great success. Which troops are best to upgrade first? Are archers worth using at all. I tried them a couple if times but was not impressed.

Any help is appreciated!
    EgoKiller I started with Archers First, Then Barbarians, then gobs. Just keep upgrading your troops, especially the ones you use the most! They get more hit points and stronger the more you upgrade them. Of course their cost to produce go up too.

Happy Raiding

Jedi
    ClanWildfire and Sister Clan, ClanBonfire are clans led by husband and wife Jedipilot4 & Caireen. We accept adult players who enjoy the game, like to chat, donate troops and enjoy having fun in the game Clash of Clans. We have many friends and couples in our clans. "Couples that Gem together... Bond Together." Check out our website if you are interested in joining at www.clanwildfire.com

Archers are crucial, then barbs, then giants. onestly spend your elixir on troop upgrades i no dragon look cool but theyre realy not worth it and you dont need them to take on most bases.

I agree B055...I dont use dragons or pekkas....maxed out bombers, gobs n archers have been loyal to me...I do think the best use for the dragons & pekkas is inside the clan castle to defend attacks....just my opinion as it works for me!
    Make Every Second Count...​

Quote Originally Posted by EgoKiller View Post

Any help is appreciated!
    Archers are essential. They are also generally people's preferred troop.

However, you should upgrade the troops you use the most first.

it doesnt matter what you upgrade. use the troops you use the most.

Don't know what to do with your troops? This is the right place!

I have had the same confusion as you did. But I learned a great order for everyone, including you, to upgrade or unlock troops.

I would recommend upgrading the archer first. Reason being is that mortars of the previous level won't be able to one shot kill your archers, as they won't pose as much of a threat. In addition, although weaker than the wizard, they are cheap and fast to train, and can shoot over walls, as well as having a slightly longer range than the wizard (0.5 tiles.)

I would next upgrade the giants. It's not unheard of to use the giant-healer strategy, or use them to distract defenses. So upgrading them will make giant-healer raids more effective and provide better coverage for more vulnerable troops.

After, I would upgrade the barbarian or goblin, doesn't matter what you do first. They are both excellent troops for farming. Barbarians can attack resources and defenses with support of archers, and goblins do double damage to resources and targets them first.

I would upgrade the wall breaker after you do the barbs and goblin upgrades. Reason being is that you use less to break through certain levels of walls. After the wall breaker, the rest is up to you!

Hope this helps! If it did, please join the clan "The New Kings" for more help, if you need any. It's an invite only, but I am willing to help all of you. If the leader is "Julio1st," then you have the right clan. Please join and clash on!

Depends on what your strat is. For me I would do archers than barb because I use BARCH a lot but giants are also important alongside tier 3 troops but honestly what everyone else says: whatever you use the most and what you will benefit from the best

Millennial Club theblackbeltpanda64's Avatar
    This is what I do
    Archers - Barbs - Minions - Balloons - Wizards - Giants - Wallbreakers - Golem - Valkyrie - Hogs - Dragons - PEKKAS - Goblins - Healers - everything else

Me that made the sig! If you liked it, go and request in Electrifying GFX shop!
    My GFX Shop|My GFX Gallery|Click here for a surprise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayyyyyema, the smudge queen
    I really dont know how to explain smudging without like showing it lol. You just... Smudge it like make a blob of that color then smudge it on 90% and just make it lol.