Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Reset game?

Exclamation How to Reset game?

How do i reset the game?

I want to start this game over with my friend. Tried deleting the game. Didnt work. after i reinstall, it would saved my game setting. I dont know how to start over.

I tried everything. Got my friend to help me. Now her account is on my Ipad and we are sharing one game....

Keep giving me an option "Do you want to save your current game on a new Game Center account?"

If i say yes, change account. it does nothing

IF i say No, keep current account, it does nothing.

If i click on the X, it closes and when i launch the game again, it'll ask the question again.

How to restart a new game on my ipad?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Hi!

Unfortunately Hay Day doesn't support a reset/restart. Let's see if that could be an option in the future, but reseting a game involves a lot of details which are tricky to solve (like purchased diamonds etc).
    Nick / Supercell (GC: slusse)
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Hi!

Unfortunately Hay Day doesn't support a reset/restart. Let's see if that could be an option in the future, but reseting a game involves a lot of details which are tricky to solve (like purchased diamonds etc).

its not completally right ...but some time when i started i was on ipad on level 20 and then i (my son) started play on iphone and he was on level 7. Then after some update was question on iphone if want to continue or make on iphone the same level like on ipad. My son unfortunetly answered yes and i have the same level on iphone and ipad.; But i want to still split them cause i still play on ipad an my son will play on iphone.

Why is so hard to make reset in that game ..what have diamond problem here ? just reset and let person start from zero like normal user , who first started this game ?!

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmm View Post
    Why is so hard to make reset in that game ..what have diamond problem here ? just reset and let person start from zero like normal user , who first started this game ?!
    Hi!

There are both technical hurdles with a reset/restart feature and then also some issues how to deal with users who have bought diamonds or any other in-game items. It's not entirely up to us as all purchases go via Apple.

If you have lost your farm, or farms have been mixed up, please contact our support via the in game Send Feedback feature from the settings, and our support team will look into it and fix it as soon as they can!!
    Nick / Supercell (GC: slusse)
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

...as soon as they can!!
    i did already by "direct email" (i took emil from Your page) and from 1 week no answer ...i will try now by Your method from game (but in real its also normal email) and i hope this time will be some answer

Anyway about diamonds i think its easy if someone want reset game and he bought already diamonds so if You have possibilities You shoudl transfer them to the same apple id ...if is no technical possibility from Your side so user should receive message that is no possibile and should have option (for safe should be asked twice) to decide if is decided to reset game with loose of diamonds ... it will be his decision then but for sure it can be that few people block funcionality for all the rest

I haven't made any in-app purchase. Why not have a "Reset" button and prompt for the customer to confirm that he wants to lose everything? Even if there's money issue about existing in-app purchases, why not give the haven't-made-in-app-purchase players a chance to reset the game at least? Or, reset the farm but keep the diamonds. Or, reset when connecting to a different Facebook account (but not losing the old account), etc., etc. There are tons of good-enough compromises here that will be acceptable for 99% of the players.

Hay Day isn't the only game in App Store that has in-app purchases. Other games allow you to reset. This is got to be the most significant and most requested feature from players. And it's really not hard.

It is actually a good idea!

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Delete-Hay-Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonistje1 View Post
    Hi I don't know exactly which steps your friend has taken but he / she could try these.
    Close the Hay Day app and log off Game Center.
    Remove Hay Day app from device.
    Create a new Game Center account and log on GC with that new account.
    Install Hay Day app from the Apple Store.
    It could ask you if you want to confirm loading the old farm at level xx. Do NOT confirm.
    but... some people has another opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by KwonChu View Post
    IMO I don't think this method works because I have done this before and it did not work at all. The only method that I know that works 100% is to do a factory restore and set it up as a "NEW" device.

*Make sure you back up the device before you do the process. Once you set up the device as "NEW" log into GC, install hay day, and after the intro. hit the X button and you will be able to start the new farm. Once you have done this, you could then do another factory restore but this time restore from back up.
    I've never tried this so I hope it will work.
    Level 75

Same thing happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDp View Post
    How do i reset the game?

I want to start this game over with my friend. Tried deleting the game. Didnt work. after i reinstall, it would saved my game setting. I dont know how to start over.

I tried everything. Got my friend to help me. Now her account is on my Ipad and we are sharing one game....

Keep giving me an option "Do you want to save your current game on a new Game Center account?"

If i say yes, change account. it does nothing

IF i say No, keep current account, it does nothing.

If i click on the X, it closes and when i launch the game again, it'll ask the question again.

How to restart a new game on my ipad?
    Hi!

Hello, Nick. I'm having the same trouble with him.

I sold my old iPhone 4S and bought a new iPhone 5. I guess I forgot to reset all the settings in my old phone. However, i've deleted the hay day app from the phone and also logged out my Apple ID. Someone else bought my phone and started playing Hay Day.

It seems this person is using my hayday account. My Farm name was "Damselfly Farm", and suddenly he changed the name to "Ferren's Farm". It has been happening for three weeks. Every time this person goes into Hay Day application, a notification pops up on my screen when I open my Hay Day application. It says "Do you want to keep your current account on a new Game Center Device?", the choices are -Yes, change account or -No, keep current account.

It's really annoying because I'm already in level 43 and this person is messing my farm. He changed the layout and it's really annoying. How can I solve this? Can Supercell disconnect the mixed farm?

I guess he would be confused too because he's playing someone else's game and can't do anything about it.

Otherwise, can I restart my game from level 1? How? will "reset all settings" on my iphone do it?

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by bluekardel; December 13th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

I'd really enjoy a fix that doesn't involve me destroying all of my data on my other device (restoring to factory default).

I'd either like a button/switch/whatever that comes with a caution notice upon deletion.

Or a 'fix' like the one posted here for Clash of clans, http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...l=1#post305647