View Poll Results: Who's th8 base is better designed?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pingfaos

51 53.13%
  • Junilangs

25 26.04%
  • Other? Pic please

20 20.83%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best th8 base design...?

Centennial Club
    whats wrong with my image code!?

nm fixed it...had to host image somewhere different. Tinypic doesn't like being linked?
    Last edited by JShady; May 14th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.

Voted for Pingfao as I've used his last 2 theme parks and they've served me really well, cant wait for the TH9 release.

Both deserve a massive amount of credit, as they create some excellent layouts and are always happy to answer any questions and give advice freely. Keep up the hard work lads alot of people on here really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by scanners107 View Post
    Voted for Pingfao as I've used his last 2 theme parks and they've served me really well, cant wait for the TH9 release.

Both deserve a massive amount of credit, as they create some excellent layouts and are always happy to answer any questions and give advice freely. Keep up the hard work lads alot of people on here really appreciate it.
    Id edit the pics to the front page but I can't find the URL tags on my ipad -_-
    Clan name:
    Ownage
    Black & White shield, Join us... Only extremely active War Lords (Level 60+ please)

Alright, as I said in a different post, I was scattering all over the internet for bases and forget to mention I'm also looking in-game. So I found this base:

Is it good? Advantage of it? Disadvantage of it?

these r the th8 best defensive farming or trophy base

Smile

Wow, first thing first, I must say I'm indeed honoured for my base to be place VS Ping's awesome tesla theme park

And yes, I would definitely not recommend my first Hybrid base.
    2nd Hybrid base wise, have not use it long enough to make any conclusion, but i can say its better than my 1st hybrid.

My pokeball(Name credits to ping ) base wise, its pretty great in splash coverage and resource segmentation, and I would say it shines with 2 AD as compared to 3 AD. Nobody has taken 4 gold/de from me before, even with trophy hunting army, only took 3 gold/de.

But what I like about ping's base is that
    1) easily convertible between Hybrid, Farming, trophy, though this isnt a factor of consideration for people looking for farming base only
    2) It shines with 2 gold + 1 DE, which is great for new th8.
    3) Incorporation of anti-wb mechanism. As compared to mine which merely force staggered junction.

However, a really strong attacker, even with farming army, will have the possibility of raiding all gold/de.

But even with that being said, I would definitely recommend ping's base in general. But if you are looking for an alternative or looking to protect mainly your gold/De, i will recommend my base as well, tested and proven to be great by other users as well.

Having strong splash and walls is definitely a plus for both bases.

But I will say the main flaw regarding my base is when your DE enters 25k plus, where people will mostly choose to get 1,250 DE as compared to 66k gold.

My battleship was a response to that flaw.

But yeah, as others have said, no base is perfect, and there are definitely many great bases out there that we didnt know of as well.

And thanks scanner for the kind words, sharing is caring, right ?

Here is the thought process and the rationale behind my Pokeball base design

Oh yeah, will be changing from my battleship back to my pokeball base for ping's special vid, stay tune to PingFaoGaming for the Special vid

Finally back home on my lappy.

Quote Originally Posted by zachUVA View Post
    I prefer Ping's. I used it for a week or so right before I went to TH 9, and I was pleased with its results. No offense to Junliang (whose base I have never used), but I just think it protects the goodies better.
    None taken zach
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwordwalker View Post
    Both Ping's and Jun's are good for different reasons. I think they both are amazing. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, like any base. I don't think you can put a "best" title to any base.
    Well said Sword, there is no "best" base indeed
    Each have their own strength and weakness, and its up to the user to decide which base suits his/her needs the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingfao View Post
    Guess who got my vote?! Btw. Flooky, you misspelled his name. Poor June.
    aw ping.
    .. "Jun" !

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
    I've tried out both, albeit neither for a long period of time, but for now I am sticking with Ping's design. Both are very good though.
    Thanks for the kind words Phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by RegaliaRemix View Post
    It's better to make your own base instead of copying others'.
    Although the tone is slightly offensive to the others, the intention was great and I agree as well.
    Creating a base on your own is indeed one of the greatest joy in clash of clan
    And its a greater joy if it works for yourself, and for many others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Djemerson13 View Post
    Which one of Junliang's bases?

Hopefully not his hybrid...(Been waiting to share this pic, taken a few weeks ago)
    I lol'ed at the "(Been waiting to share this pic)"
    Its true though, my subscribers and a few other forum members have seen my hybrid base get tear apart easily, hence the reason why I didn't recommend/promote it to other players.

I only recommend bases which are tested and proven

Quote Originally Posted by Nooneabc12 View Post
    I perfer junilang's bases better for farming i hardly lose much gold. Pingfaos th8 hybrid didnt work well or me when I had it on farming i got all my storages destroyed sometimes however his hybrid in trophy hunting form is amazing our clans trophy hunting im climbing up and i have not yet lost trophies.
    Haha Awesome mate.
    Can't wait for supercell to boost league bonus though, not tempted to trophy hunt at all

Quote Originally Posted by facturas44 View Post
    junlians farming base all the way!!!!!!!!!! i love it
    Thanks for the kind words facturas

Quote Originally Posted by FlooKy View Post
    Thanks for the votes so far guys... Sorry for spelling your name wrong junliang
    Its okay, you are not the first >.<

Quote Originally Posted by childish View Post
    p.s. - never use any of my bases. - they all suck. ;p
    Thats not true, if it suck, why did madevink copy it entirely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingfao View Post
    Yeah, but Junliang got my vote. If I were still a TH8, I would love to try it out.

I am very flattered by the poll, but I don't think the result concludes which design is better. Each of these designs has its own unique functionality. There are strengths in Junliang's design that mine lacks, and vice versa. In addition to that, the votes are quite biased, as most of them are from players who have not experimented with both.

With that said, I really appreciate all the feedbacks.
    Jun thinks that apart from base functionality, its also a "popularity contest"
    Your write up of your base, + a special thread of its own, + such a cool base name "Tesla theme park", and its ability to convert to hybrid/trophy/farming, and its anti-wb mechanism haha.
    My base didn't even have a name
    "circle base ?" XD

Thanks for giving my base a name hehe Pokeball base ! XD

Quote Originally Posted by scanners107 View Post

Thanks for the kind words scanners
    You're too kind.

There's no good or bad, there's only good in both.

I casted my vote, but it's biased towards Junlang, as I'm using one of his layout version (don't know exactly what version is to be honest, none that I see a few posts above). To be honest, I haven't gave Ping's Theme Park a try, but from the look of the replays I've saw on his YouTube channel, needless to say that the layout I'm using right now suits my needs. If ain't broke, then don't fix it.

The thing is that I will soon run out of defenses to upgrade and the version I have doesn't seem to have enough room to fit all 3 storage each and all 3 air defense so I'm considering giving Ping's Theme Park a try.

Air defense wise, I don't find the Battleship (aka Fail Ship) that good (or at least not compared to The Pain Wheel), but I'm looking forward to see how it goes when all his air defense are up and running.
    You may say anything about me, but don't misspell my name.

Probably looking at your base and trying to figure out how to take your loot :)
    They are both GREAT base designers, and mine is partly based on inspiration from Ping. But Juni you reminded me just why I love that video of yours so for that reason you get my vote.

Excellent choice of music by the way.

Ping no offence but the video won it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Junliang View Post
    Wow, first thing first, I must say I'm indeed honoured for my base to be place VS Ping's awesome tesla theme park

And yes, I would definitely not recommend my first Hybrid base.
    2nd Hybrid base wise, have not use it long enough to make any conclusion, but i can say its better than my 1st hybrid.

My pokeball(Name credits to ping ) base wise, its pretty great in splash coverage and resource segmentation, and I would say it shines with 2 AD as compared to 3 AD. Nobody has taken 4 gold/de from me before, even with trophy hunting army, only took 3 gold/de.

But what I like about ping's base is that
    1) easily convertible between Hybrid, Farming, trophy, though this isnt a factor of consideration for people looking for farming base only
    2) It shines with 2 gold + 1 DE, which is great for new th8.
    3) Incorporation of anti-wb mechanism. As compared to mine which merely force staggered junction.

However, a really strong attacker, even with farming army, will have the possibility of raiding all gold/de.

But even with that being said, I would definitely recommend ping's base in general. But if you are looking for an alternative or looking to protect mainly your gold/De, i will recommend my base as well, tested and proven to be great by other users as well.

Having strong splash and walls is definitely a plus for both bases.

But I will say the main flaw regarding my base is when your DE enters 25k plus, where people will mostly choose to get 1,250 DE as compared to 66k gold.

My battleship was a response to that flaw.

But yeah, as others have said, no base is perfect, and there are definitely many great bases out there that we didnt know of as well.

And thanks scanner for the kind words, sharing is caring, right ?

Here is the thought process and the rationale behind my Pokeball base design

Oh yeah, will be changing from my battleship back to my pokeball base for ping's special vid, stay tune to PingFaoGaming for the Special vid

Check out my latest video click here
    Check out my SECOND YouTube channel for live action and other games click here
    Check out my Twitter for exclusive pics and stuff @daddy_clash or click here
    Here's my Facebook for more exclusive Daddy stuff click here
    I also Insta stuff from time to time click here

By the way people !
    I've created a thread in creativity in hope to find a nice name for my base, the thread is here:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...543#post442543

Thanks in advance people !

Quote Originally Posted by cezarica View Post
    There's no good or bad, there's only good in both.

I casted my vote, but it's biased towards Junlang, as I'm using one of his layout version (don't know exactly what version is to be honest, none that I see a few posts above). To be honest, I haven't gave Ping's Theme Park a try, but from the look of the replays I've saw on his YouTube channel, needless to say that the layout I'm using right now suits my needs. If ain't broke, then don't fix it.

The thing is that I will soon run out of defenses to upgrade and the version I have doesn't seem to have enough room to fit all 3 storage each and all 3 air defense so I'm considering giving Ping's Theme Park a try.

Air defense wise, I don't find the Battleship (aka Fail Ship) that good (or at least not compared to The Pain Wheel), but I'm looking forward to see how it goes when all his air defense are up and running.
    Haha

By all 3 storage each, do you mean protecting the elixir storage as well ?
    Its actually also possible, hint: Swap cannons from the side pockets with the elixir storage.

I'm going to switch back to my pokeball base tonight, to screenshot for ping's vid.

LOL ! The Pain Wheel.. thats certainly and interesting name..

Maybe I should spend some time to think of a proper base name interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    They are both GREAT base designers, and mine is partly based on inspiration from Ping. But Juni you reminded me just why I love that video of yours so for that reason you get my vote.

Excellent choice of music by the way.

Ping no offence but the video won it for me
    Lol Another variation of my name, "Juni"

Thanks for the kind words daddy
    Your new base is awesome as well, would love to see more defensive replays on it

Haha, may I ask what was the reason why you love that vid ?

I know right ! Lindsey Stirling's violin is awesome stuff !
    And its also one of the main reason why I didn't want to monetize my channel
    As I won't be able to upload vid with her songs if I do so haha..

Here is pingfao's base design vid if you have missed it