Thread: Donating troops to yourself when in a clan of one.

Donating troops to yourself when in a clan of one.

I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) created a clan when I started the game and I am currently the only member. I am happy with this and do not want to leave it and join another clan at the moment. What I would like to be able to do is donate troops to myself. Is this possible? Are there any reasons why this is a bad idea? I've made the troops -I'd just like the opportunity to deploy them defensively as we'll as use them in raids.

cheers

Redllewy

That's defeats the purpose of having loyal, kind and generous clan members.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLlewy View Post
    I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) created a clan when I started the game and I am currently the only member. I am happy with this and do not want to leave it and join another clan at the moment. What I would like to be able to do is donate troops to myself. Is this possible? Are there any reasons why this is a bad idea? I've made the troops -I'd just like the opportunity to deploy them defensively as we'll as use them in raids.

cheers

Redllewy
    It's a bad idea because several reasons:

1. You can give yourself healers or wizards or the best troops to defend your village while your castle troops should be depended on an other player's troops.

2. You'll receive XP for giving troops so that means giving yourself troops will give you XP. Results: New level ♥♥♥♥♥ing!

3. It would make the clan donating idea to a thousand little pieces. A clan is ment to give each other advice, conversations and troops. If your idea will be accepted, then we'll all see lonely closed clans because you don't need other players for troops anymore. Results: Boring clan fights for the Top 3!

So a big -1 for your idea, but thank you for visiting Supercell's Clash of Clans forum to share your thaughts/idea!
    >> Join my clan: Infusion (black shield) <<
    We split the Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchluijks View Post
    It's a bad idea because several reasons:

1. You can give yourself healers or wizards or the best troops to defend your village while your castle troops should be depended on an other player's troops.

2. You'll receive XP for giving troops so that means giving yourself troops will give you XP. Results: New level ♥♥♥♥♥ing!

3. It would make the clan donating idea to a thousand little pieces. A clan is ment to give each other advice, conversations and troops. If your idea will be accepted, then we'll all see lonely closed clans because you don't need other players for troops anymore. Results: Boring clan fights for the Top 3!

So a big -1 for your idea, but thank you for visiting Supercell's Clash of Clans forum to share your thaughts/idea!
    1. This isn't a real problem. If you're in a good clan you should be receiving good troops anyway.

2. This is true. Not sure if it matters much as levels don't mean anything, but it is true all the same.

3. It wouldn't affect the top 3. You still need a full clan to compete for the top spot as clan member's trophies are pooled. Hopefully troop donation isn't the only thing holding clans together, but yeah there would probably be a lot more clans of one.

Enthusiast
    I think you should be able to at least donate 5 troops to yourself each request just like any other member of your clan.

'Clash of Clans' already has nothing to do with *clans* actually *clashing* anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadamus View Post
    I think you should be able to at least donate 5 troops to yourself each request just like any other member of your clan.

'Clash of Clans' already has nothing to do with *clans* actually *clashing* anyway.
    I agree with your last sentence but donating to yourself would take the Clan idea away. It's like the second world war where France needs troops from America but France gives troops to themself... it's wrong!
    >> Join my clan: Infusion (black shield) <<
    We split the Time!

Get a second account

Quote Originally Posted by RedLlewy View Post

cheers

Redllewy
    May I suggest you get a second account on another device then when it's clan castle has been built invite it to join your clan. In this way you can donate troops to it and vice- versa hence solving your problem. I've observed it's very worth while having donated troops in the clan castle especially now that they can jump over the walls. Hope this helps.