Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got TH7. What next?

I just got TH7. What next?

I upgraded my lab to lvl5. I added the new defenses. I have two WT's (one lvl2, one upgrading to lvl3), three mortars (one lvl3, two upgrading to lvl3), 4 camps (one lvl4, two lvl5, one upgrading to lvl6), four barracks (one lvl5, two lvl7, one lvl8), two bottle rockets (one lvl1, one upgrading to lvl3), four AT's (one lvl3, three lvl6), five cannons (two lvl4, three lvl6), cc is lvl2, walls mostly are weak lvl5's, zero teslas, nothing for DE. Also, I gemmed for 5 builders. I've been farming like crazy. I've gotten great advice from a few of you here on the forum. I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading and taking advice for months.

Currently, I'm upgrading splash defenses. I know I need to get the other air defense moving. I have lvl 3 archers, gobs, and barbs, lvl2 giants and wb's, lvl1 balloons, wizzys, and healer. I'm running round the clock in my lab... so I do realize already that my troops need to pick it up.

I didn't spend too much time at TH6. I had max gold when the upgrade finished. So I basically started TH7 right away.

I'm here now. Any suggestions. My village layout was copied from someone on here... Not sure who. But it's stellar.

Do I go for teslas after splash defenses finish?
    Do I upgrade my walls to max before rest of defenses?
    Are archer towers better than cannons at this level? (I think yes, but what say you)...

Thanks for your help. You guys make this game fun.

PS... Once I get higher in my levels... Bonbee Breeze - Please keep the door open. You guys have been great help.

I'm currently level 35. But this is my second account. First account... premature TH9

DB

Archer towers are always better than cannons. More range, and they shoot ground and air. Only downside is they shoot a bit slower. I would say you could plunk down one Tesla at a time after splash is totally upgraded, and also work on getting your point defenses (Cannon, Archer Tower, etc.) to max in the meantime.

Get your walls to at least level 5 immediately, and commence work on level 6 as soon as you can. As I'm sure you know, level 6 walls are the first level to require 2 level 5 Wall Breakers to bust through; very important. Obviously ensure that your lab is constantly working, which you are. I'd say you're doing a good job.

And I'm sure you know that you're supposed to max everything before moving on to TH8.

First time I've seen someone ask for help and not put up a photo of the base.

I'd first get the new buildings up to basic level (leave DE storage, de barracks and teslas for now). I'd then work on splash damage as you've said but do them all at the same time. Yes, you'll have very little defences for a short time but its better in long run.

cant comment further without a pic. Check out the TH7 base thread in the General section for ideas/feedback.

Clan castle to level 3 asap, highest DPS building. I would also max the army camps before doing splash buildings. Barb king is also nice to get early on. Tesla's should be left until you start cannons/archer towers (I think cannons have a higher increase in dps in the upgrade so I would do them first, but it doesn't matter too much).

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    First time I've seen someone ask for help and not put up a photo of the base.

I'd first get the new buildings up to basic level (leave DE storage, de barracks and teslas for now). I'd then work on splash damage as you've said but do them all at the same time. Yes, you'll have very little defences for a short time but its better in long run.

cant comment further without a pic. Check out the TH7 base thread in the General section for ideas/feedback.
    I'll post a pic in a bit. Thanks for the heads up on the splash defenses. That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDB View Post
    I'll post a pic in a bit. Thanks for the heads up on the splash defenses. That's a good idea.
    Yeah, worked for me. I did all 3 mortars at the same time. While doing that I kept a builder free so that any gold I won went straight on walls. Meant I could keep playing the game a lot with no defences.

obviously you don't want to go to bed at night with no mortars and pots of gold.

IMG_0262.jpg

The next 1.2 mil gold will be all 3 mortars. Then 720k gold to upgrade WT.

Your base is pretty under leveled, and you have a ways to go before TH8 - luckily resources are easy to farm at TH7, so definitely take your time before going TH8.

First, keep all 5 builders busy at all times, especially since you have a lot to catch up. Some people prefer to keep a builder free, but in the long run you'll upgrade much, much faster by keeping all 5 busy, and just dump gold into your walls as the builders become free. The most you'll lose per raid is 200k/200k, and that's a couple of raids at most at TH7. Keeping a whole builder free for days at a time is much, much more damaging.

In terms of order, others have already said it - focus on offense first so you can farm better. Focus on splash before point defenses. Upgrade your walls to gold at least so it can survive a hit from level 4 WB, and pink as soon as you have funds so it can survive one hit from lvl 5 WB.

Lastly, don't lose sleep about getting attacked - even a max TH7 would have a hard time fending off a good TH8, and with your defense you'll probably get 3-starred pretty frequently. If you're in the right trophy range (try around 1100) and are active, you'll be able to gain resources much faster than you'd lose from attacks.

Mike
    Ironmike
    Exodias

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyen View Post
    Your base is pretty under leveled, and you have a ways to go before TH8 - luckily resources are easy to farm at TH7, so definitely take your time before going TH8.

First, keep all 5 builders busy at all times, especially since you have a lot to catch up. Some people prefer to keep a builder free, but in the long run you'll upgrade much, much faster by keeping all 5 busy, and just dump gold into your walls as the builders become free. The most you'll lose per raid is 200k/200k, and that's a couple of raids at most at TH7. Keeping a whole builder free for days at a time is much, much more damaging.

In terms of order, others have already said it - focus on offense first so you can farm better. Focus on splash before point defenses. Upgrade your walls to gold at least so it can survive a hit from level 4 WB, and pink as soon as you have funds so it can survive one hit from lvl 5 WB.

Lastly, don't lose sleep about getting attacked - even a max TH7 would have a hard time fending off a good TH8, and with your defense you'll probably get 3-starred pretty frequently. If you're in the right trophy range (try around 1100) and are active, you'll be able to gain resources much faster than you'd lose from attacks.

Mike
    Thanks Mike. I upgraded everything to max except for the lvl4 walls when I was TH5. I pretty much leap frogged TH6. I'm comfortable sitting here until I post a pic of maxxed TH7. Thank you for your input about the builders. I have been told by clanmates to keep a builder free, but I don't see the point from where I am now. I had helped in the past, but I have some catching up to do. Thanks for the trophy range suggestion... That seems to be the most elusive subject on the forums. ~cheers~

DB

Quote Originally Posted by TheDB View Post
    Thanks Mike. I upgraded everything to max except for the lvl4 walls when I was TH5. I pretty much leap frogged TH6. I'm comfortable sitting here until I post a pic of maxxed TH7. Thank you for your input about the builders. I have been told by clanmates to keep a builder free, but I don't see the point from where I am now. I had helped in the past, but I have some catching up to do. Thanks for the trophy range suggestion... That seems to be the most elusive subject on the forums. ~cheers~

DB
    1100 is a rough estimate, but a good starting point. Move up or down a hundred at a time if you're having hard time finding bases on any given day. Weak or abandoned TH6 bases are your best friend at this stage - just remember that you don't need to target 200k/200k bases all the time. If you can find easy 50k/50k bases that you can go in and out, and can be right back to raiding because you've only spent a small portion of your troops, you'll end up with just as good (if not better) loot/hour ratio.

Mike
    Ironmike
    Exodias