Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil's TH5 farming base

Angry Phil's TH5 farming base

Hello dear Coc Players! I`ve been testing different layouts for town hall 5 and this is until now my most consistent build. I would appreciate if you help me improve it.
    The photo is not updated, change the northern Wizard Tower with the southern Elixir Storage.

1- Town Hall
    TH is outside to encourage a free shield, barbarian swarms conglomerate around the TH and in groups are easily disposed by the mortar. Archers and mages cannot freely attack the TH, as they are within range of the Archer Towers

2- Clan Castle
    CC is centralized to avoid the troops to be lured out of defenses range. For defense I always have ranged units, so they can pick off targets inside the protection of walls.

3- Splash Coverage and Layout
    Wizard tower covers both Gold storages. Central mortarīs range covers all the base walls.

4- Storages
    Are divided in three different compartments, to maximize resource protection; the compartment with two storages are the lowest leveled.

5- Defenses
    A-Ground Defense
    Outer defenses funnel troops into traps. Southern ATs attack close combat troops funneled and attacking the northern cannons, the reverse holds true for troops attacking ATs. Buildings, collectors and mines buy time for defenses and distract non-favorite target troops.

B- Air Defenses
    Air Defense protects the northern part of the base, while Air Bombs and ATs defend the middle and south respectively.

Please feel free to help, rate, hate, steal.

Kind Regards,
    Phil.
    Last edited by Phil619; May 20th, 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Love the layout i wish I would have used it before going to th6 on my alt
    [level 101]
    [Clan:Crimson Sky][Ign Nooneabc12]
    [current Th:9]

You don't see many nearly maxed TH5s.

Design is ok, but top cannon and wizard tower look a bit lost / wasted. Does the wizard tower radius actually reach the storages? I'm guessing not if they were being attacked by archers.

Looks good though and nice walls.

Nearly time for TH6?

Quote Originally Posted by Nooneabc12 View Post
    Love the layout i wish I would have used it before going to th6 on my alt
    I am quite glad you like the base Nooneabc12, I too have grown to love the layout, especially when large armies only get the TH.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    You don't see many nearly maxed TH5s.

Design is ok, but top cannon and wizard tower look a bit lost / wasted. Does the wizard tower radius actually reach the storages? I'm guessing not if they were being attacked by archers.

Looks good though and nice walls.

Nearly time for TH6?
    Appreciate your insights Stitch, in regards to the top cannon it serves as basically a "meat shield" for the defenses underneath it and has the plus of protecting surrounding Army Camps; however you are right and it should be better protected, I would appreciate any support on where to reposition the cannon.

As for the Wizard Tower it splashes troops bottlenecked in the center of the base. The Wizard Tower indeed canīt attack archers attacking the central resources, nevertheless this job is done by the Mortar, while the Wizard Tower covers the Mortar blind-spot that can not protect the center compartments; All in all the middle compartments are protected by close and long range splash damage.

Townhall

You should leave he th completely unprotectede so people won get scared to go for it and you get a free shield more often(probability)

Thank you.

That's an impressive configuration - I'm grateful that you shared it. I looked at a number of styles, but this one appealed to me most. I have only been playing for about three or so weeks, and I find this kind of tried-and-true modelling very helpful; I figure that imitating someone with more expertise than me is a good way to learn. Have configured my TH5 in basically the same way (except with the cannon in the southern ^ notch, and the TH exposed underneath). So far one lower level farming attack (TH only), and it will be an easy revenge mark.

Anyways, thank you, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Beastmaster

Lol i used that base like 6months ago on my alt

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Swood View Post
    Lol i used that base like 6months ago on my alt
    How was it for you?

Really good design but could use some changes!

For a TH5 it is great. However there are some things that could be tweaked. For example, the WT and the Cannon up top are not doing anything there...
    Clash of Clans -> IGN: BloodElfHans Level: 90 Clan: Capelle Town Hall: Level 9
    Boom Beach -> IGN: hansjehengel Level: 22 Headquarters: Level 9