Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ about HayDay ( those little things)

FAQ about HayDay ( those little things)

��FAQ's Page 1 of 2

After the last update the amount of items in your barn or silo is no longer showing on your gauge, and some people have lost friends or are invisible to others. This has been noted and here is SC's reply.

"The barn & silo count requires us to push out a new version of Hay Day which we are working on! The friends-list issue is something we may be able to fix on the servers. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Nick"

The friends issue has now been fixed, though followers pics may not be loading before you visit their farm.

It is strongly advised not to play with two farms on one device. This is not supported by SC and there is a large chance of inadvertently writing over one of them, which is then lost for good.

Game crashing? Check out this thread;

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...8Start-Here%29

Page 1

1: Where to find expansion items, tools and vouchers; 2: How to make money; 3: Tree management; 4: Order of repair; 5: Bacon & eggs; 6: Movie tickets; 7: Tom's balloon; 8: What are friends and followers?; 9: How to get rid of inactive followers; 10: Truck notice board; 11: Orders in stall; 12: How ads work in roadside stall; 13: Selling barn items; 14: Maximum storage capacity and max level; 15: Keeping diamonds on house; 16: Best use of diamonds; ; 17: Stacking goods;
    18: Boat leader board photo, and arrows.

Page 2 - 19: Pets; 20: Frogs and foxes. 21: Lost items behind house or stall. 22: at what level can I go fishing?

Here are some links to other helpful threads.

FAQ section of the forums:
    http://forum.supercell.net/faq.php?faq=

*Since the new forum update all questions about the postman, pets, boats, trading, how to share your GC ID to get friends, and all about machines ie cost, levels, and items produced, can be found in 'Main topic guides and threads' here

But I will say it is possible to send away those nasty sugar boats. Don't open, fill or ask for help on any of the crates, unless you are doing the captain III accomplishment, just click on the boat icon and it will give you the option to cast off the boat straight away without any cost. The new one will arrive in 4 hours. If you don't send it away there is very little chance of others filling sugar crates, unless you have very generous neighbours as everybody needs the stuff! (Cream, too)

Community spirit tips. If something is on sale in the last box of a stand at a very low price it is usually a trade item and probably not a good idea to buy it! - unless it's in the newspaper - then it's fair game. Also please try to add a personalised avatar to your icon on GC, as this helps others recognise you. And it's always nice if you buy good things from a stall to help that farm if it needs it, and try to return the favour for friends by selling nice things, too.

1 a Where do I find land, barn and silo expansions, and tools?

Depending on which level you are on, by harvesting crops, making food, collecting goods from machines,
    feeding animals, or buy them in the newspaper ( if you are quick enough!) or from your neighbour's roadside stands. Found in chests. Wheel of fortune.

You can also trade for them. (See *link above) Trading hint. When trading with a GC member, temporarily disconnect FB as this makes it easier to find your trade. ( thanks PinkStarbelly for this)

1 b How do I get vouchers and what are they for?

Vouchers are used to purchase pets, and some decorations. You can get them in chests, on the wheel of fortune, by filling boat orders or by filling truck orders for jewellery or metal bars.

2 I am a level 31 player and I have no money! What is the best way of earning cash?

First of all try to get more friends via Game Center (see link above *) or Facebook (the pig) This will give you a larger market for your goods and give you more spaces in the store to sell your goods.

Ignore truck and boat orders as you really don't need the experience points at the moment - and they don't give you as much money as selling in your store. Especially don't sell to the little people (visitors) unless trying for the patronage achievement. They are only useful if you have a glut of cheaper things you need to shift quickly to empty your barn, but they pay very little.

A rule of thumb for high selling goods is, the longer they take to make and the more raw ingredients they use to produce, the more they will be worth. (Cakes are a good example of that and they will fly out of the door for high prices) At the same time produce popcorn and bread as the prices aren't so high but the time they take to make is less and they sell well.

Selling barn and silo extension items is a mute point. Yes, they sell quickly for a high price, but a larger barn and silo means bigger storage which is always a plus point. What I still do is only sell the ones I have a lot more of in ratio with the other two as keeping extension items in balance, I find, seems to result in more varied extension items being thrown up, so you are less likely to get a glut of two and a scarcity of one.

Fruit will sell well, but can leave you with a lot of dead wood. I have a way of managing trees and bushes that won't give that problem, but it is only a suggestion and won't appeal to everyone. (See under question 3)

Using Tom is also an option as he will fetch top quality goods and will charge you far less than you will get from selling them. You will be offered him free at the beginning for three days, but, although SC commented that this offer remained until you use him, i have had feedback that in fact this is not the case. Please let me know if you have info on this.

You may prefer using your diamonds to open extra slots in the machines first, especially dairy and sugar, as this gives you a greater capability to produce goods.

If you do use Tom try to hire him as early as possible on a day you know you've got a lot of free time ( it does help if you're an insomniac like me - but, heh, I realise that other people do have a life!) When you send him out for items make sure they are the highest priced things you can acquire at your level - (probably cheesecake at yours?) If he comes back with less than 9 items and asks if you want them say no. He will then take a two minute comfort break and then will ask again. Keep doing this until he brings back 9 and then accept. It does use his time, but added up it results in more goods. Then sell them all in your shop. Don't forget to advertise if you haven't enough neighbours to buy your goods yet. In fact, in the beginning, it is better to always advertise as this helps you to complete your patronage achievement.

If you have enough fields and a reasonably sized silo another idea is to plant corn, harvest it and sell it, putting the ad on the last slot where it is likelier to be bought last. It doesn't earn a lot, but is quick to grow, sells well, and has the added advantage of throwing up items.

There is also the possibility of getting a sponsor to fund you coins.

3 How do I stop my farm being overrun by dead trees and bushes or having to find loads of saws and axes?

Here are a couple of suggestions.

If you are trying for experience points just ignore this answer. If you want a farm without dead trees (the well documented nuclear attack effect!) without having to purchase zillions of axes and saws, yet still have plenty of fruit, you may like to try this.

Never buy more than 10 of each tree or bush. As soon as the crop is ready, harvest it immediately. Don't forget to put the ! on it when it wilts. When it dies replace it immediately. Don't sell your fruit to the little people. They want far too many and pay way too little. Doing it this way you get more than enough fruit and can sell the excess in your stand. By the time trees and bushes die you usually have found enough saws and axes to cut them down and and if you haven't you can use Tom to get them, but it is possible to do it without him, just needs a bit more patience! This method also means you have more space for decorations, if you like them, as later in the game you do tend to run out of land space.

This method won't appeal to everyone, as many people love having lots of trees on their farms and manage them perfectly by using their trees as storage to save space in their silos and only harvesting when needed. It's up to you to choose which style suits you best.

4 What should I get first - the cake oven, the mine or the dock?

My advice would be cake oven, dock, mine. You can make a lot of things in your cake oven that will give you cash for the latter two, and if you get the boat first it will ask for items you can only produce in your cake oven. Opening the mine would definitely be my last option, as it is pretty useless unless you have the smelters, which are expensive! The only reason for doing the mine before the others is it does give the chance of a diamond or two if you find the TNT, dynamite and shovels needed to excavate it.

5 Why is the newspaper filled with bacon and eggs? Any ideas how this could be stopped?

Oh, gosh, don't talk to me about bacon & eggs! But, seeing as you are, here goes. There are actually quite a few reasons. Firstly, two of the accomplishments are producing a lot of bacon and eggs from your animals. So what do you do when you you've got all these and your barn is exploding? You put them in the newspaper, or, if you have it, make your machine produce bacon and eggs. They require no other products, such as sugar and dairy, and can be sold for a high price (notice I didn't put this in the cash earning answer - why not!? Because IMHO it is not good for the game! - So sue me!<g>) Also, if these goods are not sold Greg will buy them at full price.

They are also a cheap way of mastering your machine (also a reason we tend to see a lot of roasted tomatoes.)

Another reason is that they are an ad saver. They will stay in the paper for yonks, if nobody buys them a stall is constantly being advertised making it easier to sell other goods.

Another reason for producing B & E beyond what's needed for truck orders: Each one you drop on the grill frees up 6 spots in the barn. Quick way to make room for stuff you need more than the B & E, and you don't have to use up a shop slot to do so. (Thanks to adagioinb for this one)

It would be good if the price was dropped and the little people would buy them for more money than they would get in the stall!

Also a reason for there being even less good food items in the paper recently is those who were selling their surplus goods are now using them to help other people's boats.

6 Why is my husband getting movie tickets to watch trailers and earn diamonds and I'm not?

SC quote

'Hi!
    The movie ticket is currently available for a random group of players as we are still testing it. I can't say for sure if it will be globally available, or if then when, but let's see how it works out!'

7 What's this balloon I've heard about? I've never seen it.

When you have hired Tom he will sometimes give you an offer to hire him again at a discount. He will have a balloon in his hand. You don't have to accept the offer, but keep an eye on that balloon! You will see the string on the balloon slowly getting longer and after about 15 minutes Tom will release it and if you pop it in time something will drop out (It contains the same articles you can find in the red chests, or sometimes experience points.)

8 I've just started playing the game and am a bit confused about the friends and followers thingie. Could you explain it please?

In essence there are three things here; friends, followers, and people you follow.

When you start the game you will see at least one friend in your menu, that is Greg the auto bot. You can visit his farm and will find things in his stall that are refreshed once a day, he will also buy stuff in your stall that has been there too long, thus freeing up slots. You may also see other friends, these are your friends on FB and GC who already play the game. The pig gives you the option to add other friends from FB you think might like to play the game, and if they accept they are added. For every 5 or so friends added you will receive extra slots in the stall in which to sell your goods. You can also add friends via GC if you know their GC ID.

Followers are people who see your farm and like it in some way ( maybe they like the layout, or what you sell in your stall, or even, maybe the name of your farm! it's pretty random) they tap on the ribbon at the top of your farm, and, hey presto! they are in your list of followers.

People you follow are the farms you like. When you press their ribbon you will become one of their followers. You can follow a maximum of 5 farms and will see these in your friends list in a blue box instead of a red one.

Having lots of friends and followers means you can buy directly from their stalls without going through the newspaper and they can also help you with your boat orders, and vice versa. The friends bar also has the useful feature that you can see via the ! against their names if they need help.

9 I've got a lot of dead followers is there any way to get rid of them?

First of all my condolences on your deceased farmers <g> but, yes, there is. First you must have a spare slot in the people you follow. These are the people in the blue squares in your friends list. You have a maximum of 5 but this will only work if you have 4 or less so you may have to delete one of those first. Go to the follower's farm and click on the ribbon at the top of the screen, it will give you the option 'follow this farm?', do so, then click again to unfollow. Exit the game and restart. They will then be removed from your follower's list, although they will still see you so I'm afraid this isn't a solution to stalkers, and this is why this option is not recommended if you are not absolutely sure these farms are permanently inactive.

If you have a follower who constantly raids your goods, including trades, and does nothing to help you the best way to try to get rid of them is to not stock your stall for a few days or fill it with something non-desirable, and never help them. Hopefully they will then leave of their own accord.

10 I can see a trash can on my truck notice board. I don't quite understand how it works, could you explain, please?

If you receive an order and cannot or do not want to fill it, tap on the order and then on the trash can and the item will be removed at no cost and a new one will appear in a few minutes. For example, at higher levels you can also fill special orders that appear in blue, asking for metal bars and jewelery. if you have already completed the truck achievements, and are not concerned with money or experience points, these orders give vouchers as well, so I, for one, trash all other orders and just keep the blue ones!

11 I put something up for sale in my stall and then got an order for it, do I get it back if I edit it?

No, I'm afraid you don't. An alternative is to try to get a friend to buy it for you and then buy it back from them.

12 How does the advertising system in your stall work? I really want to sell only to my neighbours, but people from the newspaper keep buying it

Every 30 minutes you receive a free ad to sell your goods in the paper. When it is ready a green tick will appear. If you don't want your goods in the paper, click on the tick and it will disappear. Remember to do this each time you put a new item up for sale if you only want to sell it to friends or followers. When you decide you do want to sell in the paper just leave the green tick and that item will be on your ad in the paper, and all newspaper readers can see and buy all items in your stall. Even if it does not sell you will still get a new ad in 30 minutes and can use that to advertise another item.

13 I can only seem to sell silo items from my stall, why can't I sell my barn items?

If you look on the left you will see two icons, one with a barn, one with a silo. Click on the barn icon and your barn items will appear.

14 What is the maximum storage capacity for the barn and silo? I have 600 and 650? And what is the highest level in the game?

Max capacity is 10000. The max level is 300.

15 Do I have to collect my diamond rewards for achievements from the house straight away?

No, you can leave them there until you want to use them. Each reward will still be there.

16 What's the best way to use my diamonds?

Well, it does depend on how you like to play the game, what your aims are, and what level you are. Looking to the future and being able to fulfil as many orders as possible it's a good idea to use them on your machines to increase the slots you have to produce your goods. This is also a good idea, as, the more slots you have the more goods you can produce when you are not playing the game.

You may, however, be like I was and want instant gratification! Then you can hire Tom to get goods for you, and this can also earn you money by selling these goods, but he won't get you extension items. He is also an option if you have the mine and need explosives and shovels, or axes and saws if you have a lot of dead trees.

In either case I would advice getting more slots on the dairy and sugar mill as you will need an awful lot of both! Also things like goat cheese and syrup take a while to make and if you fill up slots with these products (if you have the barn space) a lot can me done in your absence.

I do use the odd one or two on the wheel of fortune if there is a decoration or the coveted gold voucher on it - but you do take the chance of ending up with a grain of wheat!

17 I've heard that you can have more items than your barn can hold by letting the surplus pile up by your machine. Is that a good idea?

My main problem with it was if I went into the paper and saw something I wanted I couldn't get rid of my surplus quickly enough. Some people use it for completing boats, but if the item you require is at the bottom of the pile you can't get to it. It may help with filling others' boats, though.

18 Sometimes there is a flashing photo on my dock leader board. What does this mean? And what are the arrows for next to my name?

This means that someone from your friends' list has passed you on the leader board.
    The green and red arrows show how many places you have moved up or down the leader board.

FAQ's continue in next post.
    Last edited by Lindystarr; July 7th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

FAQ's Page 2

19 I don't really understand what pets are for and how they work?

Well, (apart from looking sweet!) they give you experience points and throw up objects. There is an excellent thread about it. The link is at the top of the first page of this thread.

But I will just answer a couple of recently asked questions. If your pet is stuck behind the house, for example, just blow the whistle above the pet house, that should bring them back there. Also, you have to buy the pet house first before you can receive the pet, so if you are struggling for money, make sure you have enough vouchers to get the pet, before buying their house.

20 What's the point of frogs and foxes and is there a way to add more or get rid of those you have?

There are several threads about this on the forum, but I will try to sum up the main points. You can see frogs and foxes either as free moving decorations or free pets! (or pests, depending on your point of view!) I have a fox who hangs around my dogs' bowls and another who hid in my orchard and kept poking his head out from behind the trees, which made me laugh, but I also had one that hung around my chicken pen, and I got rid of him pretty quick!

How do you get foxes?

They appear out of the woods on a random basis. If you want to keep one, build continual paths, or fences between your farm and its escape route and this will trap it.

How do you get rid of foxes?

Basically it's the opposite of the above. Remove any items that are trapping it, and then tap it a few times and it should go back to the woods, but there is no guarantee that it will not return!

How do I get or get rid of frogs?

This is a little more complicated as it may involve ponds! Frogs can appear from the bog or the river, in which case the advice for foxes apply. However, I have seen various posts where the poster has read in the decorations menu that ponds attract frogs, and, wanting more frogs, has placed a pond. Well, they certainly do attract frogs! They attract them so much that they make a beeline for it and jump in! Frogs gone! If you tap on the pond they will jump out, but, unless you move the pond to a spot where it is blocked off they will jump right back in again! So, unless you want to get rid of frogs, move (or store) the pond and you can see your frogs! Some people actually build pens for their foxes and frogs! (I am not going anywhere near the reason they may be farming frogs!)

21 I have dropped something behind my house/stall and I can't get it back! Help!

It will take a bit of patience, but it can be retrieved. First of all zoom in, then carefully press the screen where you think it is. This is a bit trickier with the stall as it will keep on opening! With trees and bushes it is usually a bit lower than you expect. A trick you can use to determine its exact position is to click on something else, such as a bench, and move it into the general area where you think the item is (don't drop this one, too, though!) If you move it around until it is high-lighted in red and says, 'this item cannot be placed here' - that is where your dropped item is!

Chests behind the house can be opened by tapping on the sparkles above it ( or you could put a path, or something behind the house so the chest cannot appear there)

22 At what level does fishing start?

Level 27

Here are a couple of fun tips to try if you're waiting for something to be ready!

Try tapping and holding on the goat pen (making sure not to hit the speed up button) let go, and see what your goats do!

Tap on your bird table or wren house about 10 times and see what your birds do!

Anybody else found anything like this to try?
    Last edited by Lindystarr; June 18th, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisspie81 View Post
    I believe that if you leave it uncollected, you collect one and then it will tell you to click again for the next one. It happened to me once with feeding the chickens. But maybe a mod should confirm just in case... Don't want to make mistakes there! Lol
    Thanks Swisspie. I'll check with a mod before adding it!

Quote Originally Posted by Swisspie81 View Post
    I believe that if you leave it uncollected, you collect one and then it will tell you to click again for the next one. It happened to me once with feeding the chickens. But maybe a mod should confirm just in case... Don't want to make mistakes there! Lol
    Didn't have to ask anyone - got two achievements today and left the diamonds on the barn, and could collect both of them! Will add this later.

If anybody, especially newbies, have any questions that they can't find the answer to in any other guide or FAQ please ask here, and I will do my very best to answer them.

Could you tell me what you have received from popping Tom's balloon, please? Up until now I have only seen posts from people who have received land expansion items, but I want to make sure before I put it in.

Tom's balloon

Quote Originally Posted by Lindystarr View Post
    Could you tell me what you have received from popping Tom's balloon, please? Up until now I have only seen posts from people who have received land expansion items, but I want to make sure before I put it in.
    I popped Tom's balloon once and it was an offer to buy his services for a 10% discount (big deal!) This did not include the one day service, of course. I had to buy the 5 or 10 day service. I let the balloon fly away, of course. I really haven't been looking for balloons since then to be honest.
    HayDay Name: Snoopy - No Challenges! Level: 44 Achieved Captain III
    GC: SnoopyRN50 I welcome new friends, but no challenges, please!
    I have been on this forum for a week or so and I already have 2 lists: One of amazing, wonderful people and one of really rude people. I will only trade with the amazing, wonderful ones, not the rude ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyRN50 View Post
    I popped Tom's balloon once and it was an offer to buy his services for a 10% discount (big deal!) This did not include the one day service, of course. I had to buy the 5 or 10 day service. I let the balloon fly away, of course. I really haven't been looking for balloons since then to be honest.
    Ah, actually you don't have to accept the offer, after about 5 to 10 minutes Tom will release the balloon and if you tap it then it will pop and something will fall out of it.
    Last edited by Lindystarr; May 12th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Ah, actually you don't have to accept the offer, after about 5 to 10 minutes Tom will release the balloon and if you tap it then it will pop and something will fall out of it - as far as I know up to now it will be a land expansion item.
    According to the post which I will link to below, in post #14 somebody claims to have gotten 5 diamonds.
    So it may not be only land expansions.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...l=1#post393385
    GC:Ryantoocool
    Clash of Clan: Level 68
    Town Hall 8
    Proud elder in the clan: Gold Wraith

Re: Tom

Ah, actually you don't have to accept the offer, after about 5 to 10 minutes Tom will release the balloon and if you tap it then it will pop and something will fall out of it - as far as I know up to now it will be a land expansion item.
    Oh, I didn't accept his offer. I thought I made that clear; I'm sorry if I didn't. But that's the only balloon I ever saw Tom have and I didn't want to spend that many diamonds to buy his services for 5 or 10 days even with the 10% discount the balloon offered.
    HayDay Name: Snoopy - No Challenges! Level: 44 Achieved Captain III
    GC: SnoopyRN50 I welcome new friends, but no challenges, please!
    I have been on this forum for a week or so and I already have 2 lists: One of amazing, wonderful people and one of really rude people. I will only trade with the amazing, wonderful ones, not the rude ones.