Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Hayday

New to Hayday

Hello,
    I just started this game 3 days ago (at lvl 18) and am quite addicted. Was playing clash of clans but my townhall takes 8 days to upgrade so i got bored!!! lol. Anyway, i would appreciate if you guys can answer a few questions for me. Thanks!!!

1. The point of the game is to level up, so you can get all the animals/kitchen items, correct?
    2. At what point do you just want to sell your items to make money rather than fulfilling orders from the truck?
    3. What is the best item to sell at the highest rate with the fastest return and the shortest time?
    4. Do you always fulfill walk up orders from customers? or just the orders from the truck?
    5. How many of each item do you keep in storage?

Any other hints/tips/tricks?

Thanks again.

Fresh Spawn
    Hey! Glad to see you join. How did you start at 18?

anyway, to answer your questions. Yup, you level up. Although, some of the others are saying there's not really anything to achieve after level 36. To your second one, just whenever. You can make more money selli g at the stand than with the truck. 3. You really have to expirement with this yourself. Not fruits or veggies or animal products or eggs and bacon. Other than that, the stuff that takes longest to make sells well. 4. I sell when it's not something I hoard or when it would wipe out my stock too much. Whatever you have a lot of, they tend to go for that the most. 5. I keep fruits at ten, veggies around twenty, animal products I leave in the animal until I need it (this saves majorly on space) Everything else I just make it as I need it, really. Besides building supplies, axes, saws, shovels, TNT, and dynamite. Those I hoard.

Did that answer everything?

Here is my 2 cents worth

1. Selling to neighbours. Sometimes it is worth selling to the neighbours that walk into your farm. I sell to them if it is something that doesn't sell well in the newspaper or roadstand because there is too many of them.

2. Only start out with one pen for your animals untill you are at a higher level and find that one pen with 5 animals is not enough. It saves space for other things. I often see people wanting to know if they can delete animal pens because they don't need it and it is taking up space. The answer to that is no you can not delete animal pens you have.

3. Keep in mind you don't get xp for leveling up from selling in the roadstand, but you do get xp from truck orders & walk in neighbours

4. Did you know that you can get rid of truck orders you do not want to fill. It doesn't cost anything to do that but you have to wait 20 minutes before it replaces it with another order. I get rid of things that want a lot of items I want e.g. If it asks for a lot of sugar I delete that order because I need sugar to produce a lot of different food.
    Last edited by Rose; November 13th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie View Post
    Hey! Glad to see you join. How did you start at 18?

anyway, to answer your questions. Yup, you level up. Although, some of the others are saying there's not really anything to achieve after level 36. To your second one, just whenever. You can make more money selli g at the stand than with the truck. 3. You really have to expirement with this yourself. Not fruits or veggies or animal products or eggs and bacon. Other than that, the stuff that takes longest to make sells well. 4. I sell when it's not something I hoard or when it would wipe out my stock too much. Whatever you have a lot of, they tend to go for that the most. 5. I keep fruits at ten, veggies around twenty, animal products I leave in the animal until I need it (this saves majorly on space) Everything else I just make it as I need it, really. Besides building supplies, axes, saws, shovels, TNT, and dynamite. Those I hoard.

Did that answer everything?

Yes, thank you so much Tiffanie. That helped a lot!

To answer your question, I started at level 1 but now i am at level 18.
    Last edited by baldiesrt; November 13th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Here is my 2 cents worth

1. Selling to neighbours. Sometimes it is worth selling to the neighbours that walk into your farm. I sell to them if it is something that doesn't sell well in the newspaper or roadstand because there is too many of them.

2. Only start out with one pen for your animals untill you are at a higher level and find that one pen with 5 animals is not enough. It saves space for other things. I often see people wanting to know if they can delete animal pens because they don't need it and it is taking up space. The answer to that is no you can not delete animal pens you have.
    Re: 2, very interesting. I have my 2nd pig pen but havent bought any pigs since they are quite expensive . How long should i hold out for?

I wouldn't buy any pigs right now for your 2nd pig pen till you find a time that you need lots of bacon and your 1st pig pen can't keep up. You might want to save your money right now for other things as new machines cost a lot of money.

I added a few more notes to my original post in this thread.

If you are short of space and seems you have to shut down your chickens don't stop the feed. Feed doesn't sell for as much as eggs but no sense in letting it sit idle and it won't sit in your stall. I have to wait 30 min. To advertise some say they can every 15. If you want to do the achievements start now as the last one is 2000 and takes a while if you wait.

thank you all for your hints and tricks.

Helps greatly.

1 question,
    Is the boat dock worth it? Its 16k and i currently have 12k but not sure if i need it right now. At level 20 now.

Thanks

the boat dock give you mor jobs (like the truck)
    when you load a boat completely - you get XP and a voucher (for pets)
    gamecenter: apple-byte
    level: 40

Example of boat order

Here is an example of my boat at the moment and you can decide if it is worth it to you:
    9 crates to fill in boat:

3 ice cream cones = $269 + 255 xp

3 white shirts = $231 + 222 xp

3 cheese = $192 +183 xp
    3 cheese = $192 +183 xp
    3 cheese = $192 +183 xp

Bonus for filling all the orders in time = 372 xp + 1 voucher

Each time you fill a crate it will immediately give you the $ and xp for that crate. If you fill all the crates you get the bonus.