Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Cancel/Delete my Profile Permanently !

Exclamation How to Cancel/Delete my Profile Permanently !

I played Clash of Clan for a few days but now I realized that it is almost impossible to proceed without buying gems, I understand that developers have to make some money but I donīt want to spend any money or wait hours and hours to improve my village and play a fair game.

So, i want to cancel my account definitely and remove my village and my username from the the game environment. All iPad applications allow me to cancel my subscription and remove any personal information from developers database but i believe this is not possible on Clash of Clans and donīt think itīs right.

I've uninstalled the game, deleted data from GameCenter but my village still exists and my information still being shown in the game environment.

I tried to contact SuperCell by email but no one answered, so I want to know how to cancel my account definitely and remove my village and username from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidebilly View Post
    I played Clash of Clan for a few days but now I realized that it is almost impossible to proceed without buying gems, I understand that developers have to make some money but I donīt want to spend any money or wait hours and hours to improve my village and play a fair game.

So, i want to cancel my account definitely and remove my village and my username from the the game environment. All iPad applications allow me to cancel my subscription and remove any personal information from developers database but i believe this is not possible on Clash of Clans and donīt think itīs right.

I've uninstalled the game, deleted data from GameCenter but my village still exists and my information still being shown in the game environment.

I tried to contact SuperCell by email but no one answered, so I want to know how to cancel my account definitely and remove my village and username from the game.

Good luck with that.... Anybody smell Class Action Lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by HBCA25 View Post
    Good luck with that.... Anybody smell Class Action Lawsuit?
    In fact, by law, any service or application must provide a way to cancel your membership, without excuses like "This is not possible." Reading other posts and FAQ it seems to me that there is no way for the users cancel their membership without Supercell interaction, and this is abusive and illegal, not only my opnion. Thatīs why I decided to create this post, to see if itīs really true.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidebilly View Post
    In fact, by law, any service or application must provide a way to cancel your membership, without excuses like "This is not possible." Reading other posts and FAQ it seems to me that there is no way for the users cancel their membership without Supercell interaction, and this is abusive and illegal, not only my opnion. Thatīs why I decided to create this post, to see if itīs really true.
    You basically just explained in detail for me why they may be facing a class action lawsuit in the future over privacy rights... Thanks! ... Haha :-)

Send them and Apple a formal request by regular postal services with a return receipt requesting that they immediately erase all information about you due to privacy issues, they must oblige to local laws which may vary from country to country.

What private information?

Centennial Club

I second that, what information

I am sure burried somewhere in the ULA or TOU agreement that you are just "Using" their game to create a village. You do not "own" the village thus you do not have the right to dispose of it. I didnt actually read it did you?

This is not a subscription or membership, you did not pay to use their service. Not sure it would fly as a Class Suit.

Quote Originally Posted by jace View Post
    What private information?
    If, even after uninstalling the game and use another GameCenter account the game know that this device belongs to a certain pre-registered User, and load his Village, it means that the application was not only installed, but they got my device information, like the device ID or other unique information. And this characterizes some kind of spyware behavior since there are ways to get a download history of certain users using this information.

But in fact this is not the point. The point is that I want to permanently cancel my account but even here, i canīt get this information.

Quote Originally Posted by griffey View Post
    I am sure burried somewhere in the ULA or TOU agreement that you are just "Using" their game to create a village. You do not "own" the village thus you do not have the right to dispose of it. I didnt actually read it did you?

This is not a subscription or membership, you did not pay to use their service. Not sure it would fly as a Class Suit.
    Hello Matte, I agree with you, I am not owner of the village, but the username and the privacy of my device ID, I am. As I said before I opened this thread just to get that information, I do not intend to sue SuperCell or something like that, because it would just be a waste of time. I just decided to see if other users have the same thought.

But if private information from my device are actually stored without the possibility of exclusion, it is considered illegal. So I would like to know from someone of SuperCell, why I can not permanently delete my username and village of the game environment.

Just an example, if I sell my ipad the new owner can not play Clash of Clans because I've played before, it makes no sense at all.

Are you serious right now? It is a game meant for fun and you don't need ANY gems for this game to be successful. Please if I may I only made a username and that was it for this game. I mean please just let it go. Do you want gems from the lawsuit? You seem like a very impatient and ignorant seeming person to bring up lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Are you serious right now? It is a game meant for fun and you don't need ANY gems for this game to be successful. Please if I may I only made a username and that was it for this game. I mean please just let it go. Do you want gems from the lawsuit? You seem like a very impatient and ignorant seeming person to bring up lawsuit.
    I always believed that if I can not help I do not say anything. You can help with this topic ? No ? Then your personal opnion about me does not interest me, at all.

Did you even read my posts ? Can you show me where I said I want to sue someone ?

It seems that the ignorant here is you, you just created a username and that was it ? Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and see what happens. If you really believe that the only thing necessary for the game is a username, great, continue installing junk on your device and share your data with anyone. After all there is always a fan boy who cares for nothing, just to have some GREAT FUN, Right ?

Do not agree? "Just let it go" and by the way, your first post on the Forum was to say that ? Thanks, But next time try to help, if you want to share your opinion use your Clan Chat. Maybe they care about it.
    Last edited by suicidebilly; September 19th, 2012 at 03:43 AM.