Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 323

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New A.I - New strategy - New hope

  1. #1
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396

    New A.I - New strategy - New hope


    Ok, so we all think this is the end of hogs, along with other strategies we are all so used to. This may not be the case. I shall try to put together some strategies and tips, to help you fellow clashers adapt to the new changes made to our beloved game! ( Any help is appreciated )


    Lets talk attack first.

    - With the new hero defence tweak, the heroes will not run after your hogs, or other troops, around the entire base. As long as you lure the cc, you could still manage to rage your hogs past the heroes. Maybe one thing you may need to do it make a few more hogs, but what is 4-6 minutes compared to not using them at all...



    - Make less hogs, and more clear up troops. Still lure cc, clear defence on one side of the base, or as much as possible around one corner, leaving a nice path towards the th. Now use your other troops to get to that th using the new jump spell AI.

    Strategy is changing. Maybe for the better. Obviously we will need to take a closer look, by experiencing it ourselves, but from what I can gather, there are a few reasons as to why this is a huge game-changer, for the better.

    - If, lets say, 1/both heroes are in the centre of the enemies base, right beside the th. You can now use this much more to your advantage. It will allow you to pull your heroes/troops towards the centre, toward the enemies town hall Slipping in a jump spell would be more advantageous to ( please read Jump spell below ).

    - Barching. For those who collector raid, you won't need to worry about heroes ruining your raids anymore! They won't come out and attack, and this will clearly save you some troops to use on that last collector(s) you may have missed once before.



    "What about miniballs?" I hear you ask!

    Your balloons are now a lot more open to fly across a base! With the Archer queen ( nearly ) firmly set in place on her alter, you can attack the base from where she is not. This means less balloons/minions lost luring her out and knocking her down, which, consequently, means more troops to gain more loot! Or higher % for those cup pushers!

    It may not seem "easier" as such as before the update, but with a few tweaks here and there, and some hard practice, you will be able to continue using your miniballs army just like before. Some would even say better!
    Ok, lets move onto defence.

    - The positioning of your heroes will take a dramatic change. Where to place them now? Without the option to lure, you can place them now without the worry they won't defend what you want them to defend, be it your th, or de storage etc. I am imagining now, placing the AQ behind your de storage could seriously help towards defending it, without the need of placing it in the centre of your base.

    - If, lets say, someone is feeling ambitious, someone not so great at hogging, and hasn't quite learnt what this new update is all about. Your AQ is bang in the centre. As their hogs come closer and closer to the centre, just watch your AQ sniping them off like swatting flies

    Jump spell

    The jump spell now not only allows your troops to jump over walls, but actually works with your troops, and gives them a "path" to go, rather than just mindlessly jumping around over walls ( which is fun, yes, but was a little tiresome ). Of course, there is a little more to this. The "path" it gives, only activates troops if it is the easiest path to take. For example;

    You drop your troops on one side of the base.

    You then drop a jump spell on the other side of the base.

    Your troops will not walk around the whole base just to jump! Align your spell to where you see fit, as to direct your troops towards whatever you want them to, be it the town hall, dark elixir storage, or an army camp!



    Valkyries

    So Valkyries now have a purpose!! Woo!! Now, she will target multiple targets, on purpose, as to get the full potential from her battle axe!

    She does this for both troops, and buildings. Say you are luring the clan castle troops. It is a mix of both archers and barbarians. Now she will run to the centre of them all, and swing her trusty mean thing, causing damage to multiple units on either side of her... hey.. That is pretty sweet, don't ya think!

    For even more info, strategies, everything, please take a minute to read through this amazing thread put together by NioTheDreamer;

    The Valkyrie Strategy Guide

    Wall targetting ( see barch tactics )

    I shall be updating this if I can think of anything else, as for now, I need another coffee. Please leave your comments, whether you agree/disagree, and if you can think of anything else, please let us know!

    This is a game changing update. If you think otherwise..... Well.

    Clash on, and adapt!

    I would just like to edit in: I apologise for the delay in actually completing this. I think I am 90% there, so not far now lol. Not able to add any more pictures though which sucks, but I am sure you can put your imagination to the test
    Last edited by Harrisman24; August 12th, 2014 at 12:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Check your storages
    Posts
    1,211
    Great thoughts
    Chap-Lvl 115 max th9 defences
    185/250 legos
    Pb: 3018(th9)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve[Supercell] View Post
    obviously we can't give you the date, we're Supercell
    Quote Originally Posted by tellingthetruth View Post
    My guess is about tree fiddy.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Chap22054 View Post
    Great thoughts
    Thank you

    If you could add any of your own, I'm sure they can help someone! I have not even covered half of this update ( it's a lot to think about ), so any extra thoughts would be appreciated

    [ KingHarris ] [ Lvl 144 ] [ 3445 SV; Local Top 200 ]
    [ GG Billionaire ] [ EE Billionaire ] [ 5.1m HH ]

    Having problems with loot? TH9 or 10? Click me!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member Scoobysnack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the Mystery Machine, where else? :)
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrisman24 View Post
    Thank you

    If you could add any of your own, I'm sure they can help someone! I have not even covered half of this update ( it's a lot to think about ), so any extra thoughts would be appreciated
    I agree with this whole heartedly. If anything, hogs will be much to use and same goes with barch and balloonion raids, trust saving 15 extra minions is huge! I feel the defense of the new heroes however has a flaw, the flaw being the archer queen hiding behind the walls making her almost impossible to get too. We shall see what the outcome brings however with the new lvl 5 pekka!
    Gold Grab:400 million Elixir Grab: 500 million Heroic Heist: 2.7 million Troops maxed: All but valks, lvl 2 atm.. Finishing forum elite and then moving to Crimson Sky

  5. #5
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnack View Post
    I agree with this whole heartedly. If anything, hogs will be much to use and same goes with barch and balloonion raids, trust saving 15 extra minions is huge! I feel the defense of the new heroes however has a flaw, the flaw being the archer queen hiding behind the walls making her almost impossible to get too. We shall see what the outcome brings however with the new lvl 5 pekka!
    This is a very good point, and I think it should be addressed. Lets take a look!

    If this situation is common, then I can see a way around it. Lets say you are packing the new jump spell ( new AI, not completely new.. You know what I mean ). You are dropping your ( lets say ) Gowiwi troops just like before. I would say it best to attack closest to where the AQ is. If you can funnel your witches/wizards towards the AQ, using your jump spell, I can see the problem being eradicated.

    I am mainly thinking for higher level gameplay, where this problem ( IMO ) would be the greatest. For lower level, I don't see too much of a problem ( for farming ). Just stay away haha. If however the AQ is in a place you need to get to, make sure you pack enough wall breakers to make a path towards her, or as best a path you can make. From there, make sure to have a couple of tank troops in front, wizards/arches behind incase she is still hidden behind a wall.

    Other strategies can be considered too, anyone want to leave their thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Harrisman24; July 1st, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

    [ KingHarris ] [ Lvl 144 ] [ 3445 SV; Local Top 200 ]
    [ GG Billionaire ] [ EE Billionaire ] [ 5.1m HH ]

    Having problems with loot? TH9 or 10? Click me!!

  6. #6
    Junior Member Scoobysnack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the Mystery Machine, where else? :)
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrisman24 View Post
    This is a very good point, and I think it should be addressed. Lets take a look!

    If this situation is common, then I can see a way around it. Lets say you are packing the new jump spell ( new AI, not completely new.. You know what I mean ). You are dropping your ( lets say ) Gowiwi troops just like before. I would say it best to attack closest to where the AQ is. If you can funnel your witches/wizards towards the AQ, using your jump spell, I can see the problem being eradicated.

    I am mainly thinking for higher level gameplay, where this problem ( IMO ) would be the greatest. For lower level, I don't see too much of a problem ( for farming ). Just stay away haha. If however the AQ is in a place you need to get to, make sure you pack enough wall breakers to make a path towards her, or as best a path you can make. From there, make sure to have a couple of tank troops in front, wizards/arches behind incase she is still hidden behind a wall.

    Other strategies can be considered too, anyone want to leave their thoughts on this?
    You make a good case here. I think in all honesty this can be avoided, using a freeze to freeze her and an inferno at the same time. I truly think it will help suck in troops to the th anyway we look at it. Maybe bring a 3rd freeze and ice that hoe.
    Gold Grab:400 million Elixir Grab: 500 million Heroic Heist: 2.7 million Troops maxed: All but valks, lvl 2 atm.. Finishing forum elite and then moving to Crimson Sky

  7. #7
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnack View Post
    You make a good case here. I think in all honesty this can be avoided, using a freeze to freeze her and an inferno at the same time. I truly think it will help suck in troops to the th anyway we look at it. Maybe bring a 3rd freeze and ice that hoe.
    This is a great point also, I shall ad this into the OP

    Thank you!

    [ KingHarris ] [ Lvl 144 ] [ 3445 SV; Local Top 200 ]
    [ GG Billionaire ] [ EE Billionaire ] [ 5.1m HH ]

    Having problems with loot? TH9 or 10? Click me!!

  8. #8
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wilderness
    Posts
    517
    Since the entire thread is pure speculation, I'm not sure why you didn't put anything about Miniballs, but I'm happy to provide my thoughts. To simplify, there are 3 basic scenarios:

    1. Queen is on the edge of the base. Now, you'd just lure her farther away and take her out with minions, but post-update, you'll have to use those minions to take her out where she stands. It'll require a few more minions, but won't be too bad.
    2. Queen is in the center. Currently, I'd just attack normally and wait for my balloons to eventually trigger her (and then get her to the outside and take her out), but others would lure with a balloon and kill her at the beginning. Either way, life is going to get easier, just ignore her.
    3. Queen is inside the base but not in the center. This would currently require luring (with either a balloon or a minion), but with that no longer an option in the future, here's what I'd suggest: take out defenses on the queen's side if they're out of her range, but focus on getting your balloons a bit deeper on the other 3 sides so you don't have to take out the queen. If for some reason you want to take out the queen (she's right next to a de storage, for example), minions on a rage should do the trick.
    Th 10, Level 125

  9. #9
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScribbler View Post
    Since the entire thread is pure speculation, I'm not sure why you didn't put anything about Miniballs, but I'm happy to provide my thoughts. To simplify, there are 3 basic scenarios:

    1. Queen is on the edge of the base. Now, you'd just lure her farther away and take her out with minions, but post-update, you'll have to use those minions to take her out where she stands. It'll require a few more minions, but won't be too bad.
    2. Queen is in the center. Currently, I'd just attack normally and wait for my balloons to eventually trigger her (and then get her to the outside and take her out), but others would lure with a balloon and kill her at the beginning. Either way, life is going to get easier, just ignore her.
    3. Queen is inside the base but not in the center. This would currently require luring (with either a balloon or a minion), but with that no longer an option in the future, here's what I'd suggest: take out defenses on the queen's side if they're out of her range, but focus on getting your balloons a bit deeper on the other 3 sides so you don't have to take out the queen. If for some reason you want to take out the queen (she's right next to a de storage, for example), minions on a rage should do the trick.
    Any feedback is appreciated But just so you know, it may be speculation, and a little rough around the edges, but I have watched the videos about the update, and from what I have watched I have tried to make an as accurate guide as possible for those thinking these strats are done, or will be harder etc.

    Queen is on the edge of the base. Now, you'd just lure her farther away and take her out with minions, but post-update, you'll have to use those minions to take her out where she stands. It'll require a few more minions, but won't be too bad.
    I would drop 4-5 loons towards the nearest archer tower, right over the AQ's head. Then immediately drop 4-5 minions on the AQ behind. This way you take her out with minimal minions, and take out an AT too

    Queen is in the center. Currently, I'd just attack normally and wait for my balloons to eventually trigger her (and then get her to the outside and take her out), but others would lure with a balloon and kill her at the beginning. Either way, life is going to get easier, just ignore her.
    Nice point

    Queen is inside the base but not in the center. This would currently require luring (with either a balloon or a minion), but with that no longer an option in the future, here's what I'd suggest: take out defenses on the queen's side if they're out of her range, but focus on getting your balloons a bit deeper on the other 3 sides so you don't have to take out the queen. If for some reason you want to take out the queen (she's right next to a de storage, for example), minions on a rage should do the trick.
    Great point, adding this to the OP

    Thank you for your feedback
    Last edited by Harrisman24; July 1st, 2014 at 06:52 PM.

    [ KingHarris ] [ Lvl 144 ] [ 3445 SV; Local Top 200 ]
    [ GG Billionaire ] [ EE Billionaire ] [ 5.1m HH ]

    Having problems with loot? TH9 or 10? Click me!!

  10. #10
    Forum Elder Harrisman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,396
    Oooooooooops
    Last edited by Harrisman24; July 1st, 2014 at 06:52 PM.

    [ KingHarris ] [ Lvl 144 ] [ 3445 SV; Local Top 200 ]
    [ GG Billionaire ] [ EE Billionaire ] [ 5.1m HH ]

    Having problems with loot? TH9 or 10? Click me!!

Similar Threads

  1. Hope is out there
    By blackcollector in forum Clan Wars
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 16th, 2014, 06:27 PM
  2. a new hope
    By dannamo138 in forum Looking For Clanmates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 15th, 2014, 03:46 AM
  3. Is there any hope??
    By KyleKoenig in forum Base Design, Tactics & Strategy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 15th, 2014, 01:28 AM
  4. Hope for the best
    By Kingliam725 in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 27th, 2013, 10:33 PM
  5. I hope you consider it
    By domyd829 in forum Ideas & Feature Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 26th, 2013, 04:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •