Ok, so we all think this is the end of hogs, along with other strategies we are all so used to. This may not be the case. I shall try to put together some strategies and tips, to help you fellow clashers adapt to the new changes made to our beloved game! ( Any help is appreciated )
Lets talk attack first.
- With the new hero defence tweak, the heroes will not run after your hogs, or other troops, around the entire base. As long as you lure the cc, you could still manage to rage your hogs past the heroes. Maybe one thing you may need to do it make a few more hogs, but what is 4-6 minutes compared to not using them at all...
- Make less hogs, and more clear up troops. Still lure cc, clear defence on one side of the base, or as much as possible around one corner, leaving a nice path towards the th. Now use your other troops to get to that th using the new jump spell AI.
Strategy is changing. Maybe for the better. Obviously we will need to take a closer look, by experiencing it ourselves, but from what I can gather, there are a few reasons as to why this is a huge game-changer, for the better.
- If, lets say, 1/both heroes are in the centre of the enemies base, right beside the th. You can now use this much more to your advantage. It will allow you to pull your heroes/troops towards the centre, toward the enemies town hall Slipping in a jump spell would be more advantageous to ( please read Jump spell below ).
- Barching. For those who collector raid, you won't need to worry about heroes ruining your raids anymore! They won't come out and attack, and this will clearly save you some troops to use on that last collector(s) you may have missed once before.
"What about miniballs?" I hear you ask!
Your balloons are now a lot more open to fly across a base! With the Archer queen ( nearly ) firmly set in place on her alter, you can attack the base from where she is not. This means less balloons/minions lost luring her out and knocking her down, which, consequently, means more troops to gain more loot! Or higher % for those cup pushers!
It may not seem "easier" as such as before the update, but with a few tweaks here and there, and some hard practice, you will be able to continue using your miniballs army just like before. Some would even say better!
Ok, lets move onto defence.
- The positioning of your heroes will take a dramatic change. Where to place them now? Without the option to lure, you can place them now without the worry they won't defend what you want them to defend, be it your th, or de storage etc. I am imagining now, placing the AQ behind your de storage could seriously help towards defending it, without the need of placing it in the centre of your base.
- If, lets say, someone is feeling ambitious, someone not so great at hogging, and hasn't quite learnt what this new update is all about. Your AQ is bang in the centre. As their hogs come closer and closer to the centre, just watch your AQ sniping them off like swatting flies
The jump spell now not only allows your troops to jump over walls, but actually works with your troops, and gives them a "path" to go, rather than just mindlessly jumping around over walls ( which is fun, yes, but was a little tiresome ). Of course, there is a little more to this. The "path" it gives, only activates troops if it is the easiest path to take. For example;
You drop your troops on one side of the base.
You then drop a jump spell on the other side of the base.
Your troops will not walk around the whole base just to jump! Align your spell to where you see fit, as to direct your troops towards whatever you want them to, be it the town hall, dark elixir storage, or an army camp!
So Valkyries now have a purpose!! Woo!! Now, she will target multiple targets, on purpose, as to get the full potential from her battle axe!
She does this for both troops, and buildings. Say you are luring the clan castle troops. It is a mix of both archers and barbarians. Now she will run to the centre of them all, and swing her trusty mean thing, causing damage to multiple units on either side of her... hey.. That is pretty sweet, don't ya think!
For even more info, strategies, everything, please take a minute to read through this amazing thread put together by NioTheDreamer;
The Valkyrie Strategy Guide
Wall targetting ( see barch tactics )
I shall be updating this if I can think of anything else, as for now, I need another coffee. Please leave your comments, whether you agree/disagree, and if you can think of anything else, please let us know!
This is a game changing update. If you think otherwise..... Well.
Clash on, and adapt!
I would just like to edit in: I apologise for the delay in actually completing this. I think I am 90% there, so not far now lol. Not able to add any more pictures though which sucks, but I am sure you can put your imagination to the test