Ok, so we all think this is the end of hogs, along with other strategies we are all so used to. This may not be the case. I shall try to put together some strategies and tips, to help you fellow clashers adapt to the new changes made to our beloved game! ( Any help is appreciated )
Lets talk attack first.
- With the new hero defence tweak, the heroes will not run after your hogs, or other troops, around the entire base. As long as you lure the cc, you could still manage to rage your hogs past the heroes. Maybe one thing you may need to do it make a few more hogs, but what is 4-6 minutes compared to not using them at all...
- Make less hogs, and more clear up troops. Still lure cc, clear defence on one side of the base, or as much as possible around one corner, leaving a nice path towards the th. Now use your other troops to get to that th using the new jump spell AI.
Strategy is changing. Maybe for the better. Obviously we will need to take a closer look, by experiencing it ourselves, but from what I can gather, there are a few reasons as to why this is a huge game-changer, for the better.
- If, lets say, 1/both heroes are in the centre of the enemies base, right beside the th. You can now use this much more to your advantage. It will allow you to pull your heroes/troops towards the centre, toward the enemies town hall Slipping in a jump spell would be more advantageous to ( please read Jump spell below ).
- Barching. For those who collector raid, you won't need to worry about heroes ruining your raids anymore! They won't come out and attack, and this will clearly save you some troops to use on that last collector(s) you may have missed once before.
"What about miniballs?" I hear you ask!
Ok, lets move onto defence.
- The positioning of your heroes will take a dramatic change. Where to place them now? Without the option to lure, you can place them now without the worry they won't defend what you want them to defend, be it your th, or de storage etc. I am imagining now, placing the AQ behind your de storage could seriously help towards defending it, without the need of placing it in the centre of your base.
- If, lets say, someone is feeling ambitious, someone not so great at hogging, and hasn't quite learnt what this new update is all about. Your AQ is bang in the centre. As their hogs come closer and closer to the centre, just watch your AQ sniping them off like swatting flies
Wall targetting ( see barch tactics )
I shall be updating this if I can think of anything else, as for now, I need another coffee. Please leave your comments, whether you agree/disagree, and if you can think of anything else, please let us know!
This is a game changing update. If you think otherwise..... Well.
Clash on, and adapt!