We are investigating the issue that some players are stuck on "Updating.." for a very very long time. Users who have slower connections may have to wait for a longer time (up to an hour maybe). To start, please try these things if you are stuck on "Updating..":
1. Check the Hay Day version you have installed. On Android go to Settings -> Apps -> tap on Hay Day and make sure it is 1.18.174. If it isn't please open up Google Play Store and install the latest version. On iOS go to Settings -> General - Usage -> tap on Hay Day and make sure it is 1.18.166. Note - on iOS viewing the version number from the Usage list shows a different version than if you view it in-game (settings -> information (the small i-icon) -> credits (where it should be 1.18.175)). This is nothing to worry about.
2. Please try to connect to WiFi if you are stuck using 3G/4G, and let it finish the update. If you have been using WiFi, try 3G/4G instead. Note that you should not switch to any other app during the update or let your device go to sleep.
3. If it still doesn’t work, try to turn off your device, and then back on again and try again.
4. If nothing helps, and you are 100% sure that your farm is connected to Game Center, Facebook or Google+, you can try to remove Hay Day from your device, and re-install it. It is not recommended to remove/uninstall Hay Day if you aren't 100% sure that your farm is/was connected to Game Center, Facebook or Google+.
If none of the above helps, please post the following information so we can dig deeper into this issue:
1. Device model
2. Operating system (version if possible)
3. The country in which you are
4. Your internet service provider (if you are trying to use WiFi at home)
5. Your mobile service provider
6. Tried Wifi (yes/no)
7. Tried 3G/4G (yes/no)
8. Have the latest version of Hay Day installed (yes/no)
9. For how long did you wait (app open, and stuck at "Updating..") until you quit the app?
We'll make all we can to fix this, but we need a bit more information! Please also post here if you got it to work, and how. Thanks for all your help and support on this!