Page 149 of 335 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3348

Thread: [Screenshot] Base Designs TH8

Childish Trophy/Hybrid Version 2.0 [Testing]

Much to my suprise i got g alot of positive feedback and replays from the first hybrid. But like many unsegmented cores - we always had a few people stating that with this , this, and that i can get into your core no problem. Well for 90% of my Defenses[Most if not all were TH8/9Max), they didn't - so i found the setup to be very successful.

Version 1

However, I have thought about how i would go about redesigning if i were to spread out the storages a little bit and centralize my teslas. i mean Lets face it. The focus is ultimately on trophies and not resources. After a few hours i was able to come up with this.

Version 2

So lets go ahead and get the DISLAIMER out the way since ill be getting some backlash on this one.

Yes - certain storages (IE. Dark elixir) are extremely vulnerable. It's a trophy Base - Deal with it! ^^
    Yes - certain segements are T-Junctions and not staggerred/ X-junctions you can break into multiple segments- You are correct. This is what i have come up with so far and still working on making adjustments - that's what "testing" means. ;p
    Yes - Giant Bombs are placeholders for Upgrading Teslas.
    Yes - I only have 2 sets of storages upgraded. If you have been following any and all base designs thread i promote 2 strorages vs 3. I dont think it's necesarrily better - i'm just trying to save walls for other defensive structures. I believe

Pingfao or Junliang said it best.
    2 stroages - less likely to lose a small amount, More likely to lose a big amount.
    3 storages - more likely to lose a small amount, Less likely to lose a big amount.
    Well I say - if you make a Sick base, you are less likely to lose any amount. ;p

Yes - if you have seen my current setup in game i swapped my DE storage for the CC. Is this optimal for a base like this? No but i'm trying to collect the last 18k i need for BK lvl 10 so adding more protection.
    Yes - The the upper segment with mini-storages and bk is waste of walls. Ill play around with this area more to see if i can use it for extra segementation somewhere else.

I think that about sums it up as far as information for the haters ;p

Features? Same 'ol same ol...

Centralized Tesla / semi-centralized CC
    Balanced Air Defense.
    segemented stroages.
    balanced/centralized splash defenses
    balanced point defenses.
    Using collectors within walls to add HP to the base and keep Defensive dps alive longer.

And as always -special thanks to all of my fellow base designers - both new and old(you know who you are ;p) - for all the knowledge you have passed on to myself and the community. Thanks to you all for all your support with these designs.

Base Designing my be dyin.... but i'm still tryin!! © Childish 2013
    <--- LOL i'm a Dork, i know.
    IGN: Childish! (Retired Clasher - 10/2013)
    Youtube Channel: LINK HERE
    Clan Elder: Misfits of War (www.MisfitsofWar.com)| Recruitment Thread |
    |TH9 Trophy | TH9 Farming(Testing)|
    | TH8 Hybrid v2.0 | TH8 Farming

Can someone take a good look at this? I'm just finishing up with TH7 and i intend to use this design when I come to TH8. I designed it myself, but obviously haven't had a chance to test it.

Please, any opinions are valid and useful. I think it has good potential, what about you?

Check out the full design here: http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/30450
    Last edited by Topuz; May 6th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topuz View Post
    Can someone take a good look at this? I'm just finishing up with TH7 and i intend to use this design when I come to TH8. I designed it myself, but obviously haven't had a chance to test it.

Please, any opinions are valid and useful. I think it has good potential, what about you?

Looks very promising! i'm sure it will do well.

off topic.. why post a link to the "full design" if you already posted the pic here? ( sorry if this sounds like a dumb quesion but i dont use cocbuilder all that much.)

~C.
    IGN: Childish! (Retired Clasher - 10/2013)
    Youtube Channel: LINK HERE
    Clan Elder: Misfits of War (www.MisfitsofWar.com)| Recruitment Thread |
    |TH9 Trophy | TH9 Farming(Testing)|
    | TH8 Hybrid v2.0 | TH8 Farming

Hey Junliang, wanted to ask you yesterday about this but got caught up with something else and forgot about it. Anyway, why don't you place 1-2 spring traps between the army camp and elixir collectors? That two exposed elixir storage are most likely to be attacked with giants used as meat meat shield for a goblin rush, a thing that happened in your last posted video replay. This way the springs would have caught more than 1 giant. :P
    You may say anything about me, but don't misspell my name.

Quote Originally Posted by cezarica View Post
    Hey Junliang, wanted to ask you yesterday about this but got caught up with something else and forgot about it. Anyway, why don't you place 1-2 spring traps between the army camp and elixir collectors? That two exposed elixir storage are most likely to be attacked with giants used as meat meat shield for a goblin rush, a thing that happened in your last posted video replay. This way the springs would have caught more than 1 giant. :P
    Not really a fan of placing spring traps outside my base

good players know how to sprinkle troops before giants, making the spring trap useless.
    Anyway, many of the giants died even before reaching my base haha.
    Those that are really a threat will then be spring off if needed.

Junliang base

Hey Junliang any chance you could create a thread or post in this one your final versions for each base u have created.. its tough to go back 20 or 30 pages and try to spot the final altered version. Something similar to what pingfaogaming has done

Quote Originally Posted by Topuz View Post

Too many T-junctions and storages are a bit too exposed for me.

Looking for a mature, social, harvesting clan? DTP is the place for you!
    I've got to stop saying "How stupid can you be?" Some people are starting to think it's a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by pinser View Post
    Too many T-junctions and storages are a bit too exposed for me.
    The storages nearest to town hall will probably be very low level (i plan to stick to 2 storages for each resource), so I just put them there as a bait. Do you think the inner ones are too exposed as well?

Unfortunately, I don't think much could be done about T junctions. I'm aware there's a bit too much of them, but I think I can't squeeze much more out of this particular design. Have you got any ideas?

How do you like it otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogar View Post
    Hey Junliang any chance you could create a thread or post in this one your final versions for each base u have created.. its tough to go back 20 or 30 pages and try to spot the final altered version. Something similar to what pingfaogaming has done
    +1 on this,

And I recall you had a version of your round farming base without having the town hall against the outer wall. I'd like to use that because I want people to have no reason not to give me a free shield. So my TH is alone in the far corner

Am I correct that you had such a design?

I really like the effort you and the DTP guys put in to inspire others with base designing, keep up the good work

Attachment 7442 Ive been using this for a while, any thoughts ?