Here are some tips for beginners at Clash of Clans.
1. Put your Builder's Huts in the corner. This delays the time for others to get 100% against your village, and can be the difference between 2 stars and 3 stars.
2. Here is a basic attack strategy that even beginners can do: Fill half of your army camps with barbarians and half with archers. Then deploy the troops in a circle around your opponent's base.
3. Upgrade buildings whenever you can, you will get stronger and level up faster.
4. When you start, try to upgrade your gold mines so you can upgrade your town hall to unlock new stuff.
5. Build the Laboratory as quick as possible. Then you can upgrade troops and have a better chance of winning attacks!
6. Your Mortar is very strong so try and protect it. I suggest to put it next to your Town Hall and surround it with walls. Once you have the opportunity to get more walls, try to place some of them around the Town Hall + Mortar.
7. For those of you with Clans, do not use reinforcement troops unless needed in an attack because they defend your village. Having a castle full of archers is very helpful.
8. This is for anybody who is curious, but here is the star system for attacking. If you destroy the town hall, you get a star. If you destroy 50% of your opponent's buildings, you get a star. 100% destruction awards you three stars.
Bye for now!
P.S. I might be making a Part 2, or maybe more!!!