Thread: Am I really a winner?????????

Am I really a winner?????????

How come everytime I successfully win a defense I never feel like a winner. I am out 200 k resources. That doesn't make me feel like a winner. You should only get to reap the benefits of a raid if you win! Also You can win multiple times without getting to rearm your traps so u can be a "winner" 5 times in a row and have nothing left So here are two possible solutions. Only keep what you raid if you win. Or automatically give a shield after every battle of like 2 hours so u don't suffer a "win" too many times in a row. The first solution is the best due to the fact it will prevent people from just raping resources and bouncing. You should not get rewarded so much or at all if you lose
    Last edited by Adam828282; March 6th, 2014 at 07:44 PM.

You should keep your gold and elixir storages safer, and your mines/collectors too if you are off for longer amounts of time. Winning is only what you define it as, so if you want trophies let them farm you, if you want money keep your money safe.

I understand what you are saying however there should be some disincentive to attacking and running. I think it will make the game more enjoyable and challenging if you only get to keep what you take if you win. It will make people actually try and have a strategy

i suggest when one enemy fell all of its elixir (the cost of itself) should leave on the battlefield instead of only 20 units.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam828282 View Post
    I understand what you are saying however there should be some disincentive to attacking and running. I think it will make the game more enjoyable and challenging if you only get to keep what you take if you win. It will make people actually try and have a strategy
    Another "death to farming" suggestion.
    Huge amounts of loot come from taking loot from inactive bases collectors and losing.

Centennial Club

The Thrill of Defeat, The Agony of Victory

First of all, "winning" is NOT subjective. The term is "win condition" and most video games have at least one. In Pac Man it's clearing all dots from the board, in Mario it's rescuing the Princess (from the correct castle) and in Clash of Clans it's...gaining at least one star. Base design and base raiding strategies rely on exploiting the loopholes in this system.

The idea of a successful defense being more financially devastating than an unsuccessful one is counter-intuitive and does incentiveize the wrong behavior. Clash of Clans is supposed to be all about Town Halls. That's why the achievement for destroying them is called "HUMILIATOR." Your PRIDE as a CHIEF is ON THE LINE here. Yet, if you need resources the answer is not the time-consuming and research/trial-and-error-based activity of ideal base design. Instead you put your Town Hall in easy reach so someone uses 5 archers to give you a shield, then the rest of the world leaves you alone for 12 hours.

On the other hand, "farming" means you grow your own stuff and don't raid. So those of us--yes, "us," as in "I do this too"--who keep hitting "Next" until we find collector bases aren't farmers. We're raiding, and we ARE exploiting a loophole in the system--we don't need to WIN to gain resources.

The fix is simple, really. Suppose your winnings got multiplied by 2 x the damage percentage, cap 100%. So if you get 30% of a village you only take 60% of the winnings. If you get 50%, that's one star, you keep 100% of the winnings. Let's go ahead and say if you smash the Town Hall you get 100% of your loot also. That fixes the collector base problem, and might mitigate the problem with successful defenses. So worst-case scenario, 39% damage to your town results in losses only 78% as bad as they could be.

If that isn't enough, I like the idea of a shorter shield on a lower damage percentage. That would stop the barrage of multiple, 300,000+ losses due to "winning." But as a skirmisher (that's what I call sending small Archer bands to shoot out collectors), I'd have to admit taking 2x damage percentage in loot is fair. Let's face it. When 30,000 elixir gets me 250,000 gold and 250,000 elixir, no spells used, that's kind of ridiculous. I'm gaining a lot for a little and it's not because I'm playing the game skillfully--I'm playing opportunistically. The fact that I have to resort to such tactics at Town Hall 9 is a different discussion.

It's just frustrating to get attacked and win 2 or 3 times before I am even able to rearm traps. And I'm not saying it's over a day. It's like 3 attacks that I successfully defend in like an hour time period. So I have minimal defense to protect me and my stuff. So there is absolutely no value in a successful defense except trophys. The value lost in a win is exceptionally greater than the trophys received Meaning keep your 25 trophys and let me keep my 200k gold and 200 k elixir

Quote Originally Posted by Gztzm View Post
    i suggest when one enemy fell all of its elixir (the cost of itself) should leave on the battlefield instead of only 20 units.
    I would love to see that... however way to OP for Super Cell it would disrupt the entire system of value at worst.
    IGN: wwb00 | Clan: Amazing Clan | Town Hall: 10 | Level: 86

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by InvaderGir View Post
    Clash of Clans is supposed to be all about Town Halls.
    Clash of Clans is about raiding for loot and upgrading your base.

Town Hall only holds value if you decide it does. (the game works perfectly fine with TH inside or outside, as you choose)

If protecting you TownHall was the onlything to care about, why is anyone protecting their gold storages at all? Surely we should put them on the edge of our bases as a buffer before the defenses.

And making any change like this will require an enormous amount more loot to be available in the game.