Page 1 of 212 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mastermind's Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea (with TONS of pictures!)

Mastermind's Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea (with TONS of pictures!)

Hello everyone! Welcome to my newest thread containing my ideas for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Holiday Quests and Rewards in Clash of Clans. Throughout this thread, I'll go into an overload of detail, clearly explaining the ideas, how everything will look with pictures I created, and how this idea will help every player in the game.

Just like my first 2 threads (Updated Player Profile and In-Game Base Builder, which was soon after added to the game), this thread is LONNNNNG! Longer than the first 2 significantly. So large, in fact, that it will require 3 posts. For those who don't like to read, just look at the pictures. For those that have some time, I hope you enjoy this as I've spent a couple weeks making this thread. As you know, I often like to be unnecessarily thorough and when I make an idea/thread, I like to do it big.

This idea, if put in the game the way I created it, would take awhile to implement. With that said, even though this thread is extremely long, the idea itself is not THAT complex. I just go into great detail which might make it seem super complicated to implement. This idea might be the "shot in the arm" the game needs (besides Clan Wars, which maybe I'll make a thread for someday with my ideas). I'll try to lay it out as plainly as possible.

Also, just like my other 2 threads, I realize this post is more of an "Ideas & Suggestions" thread, so please move if this is a bother in General! Hopefully like the other 2, it can spend some time in General since it gets a LOT more traffic, and there have been other idea threads (level 6 Goblin picture idea, etc.) in General for awhile. Thanks mods!

Will all that preface out of the way, let's get started!

Introduction
    This idea has been suggested before (and I believe is briefly mentioned in the Sticky) but it's usually only talked about in 1 sentence. So why make this thread? I want to visually show you all how I think this idea should be implemented. I've played several games that have had Daily Quests and Daily Rewards, but nothing close to this involved. This idea, if implemented as I have it, would not change the game drastically as Clan Wars would, but definitely add a big aspect to the game, which in my opinion would greatly add to the enjoyment and day-to-day participation for the player base.

I browse these message boards a lot. I've played since December. I hear players in game and on Facebook. I know what people want and what they complain about. Here are some things I've seen consistently since I've been playing, and issues that my idea will address:
    • More ways to earn resources
    • Sustainable loot at higher trophy counts, in addition to league bonuses (as leagues don't cover the cost to maintain a high trophy level)
    • More reasons to trophy push
    • Additional resource mines/pumps/drills
    • Different ways to earn gems (besides achievements and obstacle clearing)
    • Other reasons to play every day
    • Daily rewards
    • Change the way we play/battle
    • Variance to the game other than attacking another player's base (adding a different dynamic to the game)
    • More clan/community involvement
    • Different troop combinations used
    • Different reasons to re-design our base
    • More added during holidays
    • Simply, more fun added to the game

So how can all that be addressed? My idea for Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Quests could be the answer to all of these issues.

Introducing Quest Balloons and Quest Jewels

In my idea, Quests wouldn't just appear (although they could to save server space if it was an issue). Quests would be brought to the user in the form of Quest Balloons. These balloons look very similar to normal combat balloons, but they are seething with energy, and house our Quest-giving character skeleton allies. Again, this idea is just extra to the core of this thread, and not necessary, although I'll explain later why I did it.

The Story
    As you can see in the first picture at the top, this idea has a very Wizard of Oz-ish feel to it (with the top hat and balloon). The story behind our bony friends is one of peace and exploration. Balloon skeletons have always held the reputation of wealth mongers. While used in battle, one timid combat balloon fled an impossible siege against his master's command into the jungle north-west of the enemy village. After years of being deep in the jungle, the skeleton discovered a cave containing thousands of ancient treasure chests, glistening with a crimson red glow. Inscribed on the locked chests were instructions to complete various quests. The skeleton searched hundreds of chests and saw many he could not complete, but finally found one he could. The chest was small, but it required the skeleton to attack 10 enemy bases in 1 hour. Lugging the chest onto his shoulder, he stepped inside his balloon and immediately his balloon began to radiate with light and energy. Something of ancient value was inside that chest. The once combat trained balloon hadn't seen the horrors of battle in a long time, but he mustered the courage to attack a base and leave quickly 10 times. After that tenth attack, the chest swung open and a crimson light illuminated the entire scene. What riches lie inside that chest! Called Quest Jewels by that skeleton, word quickly spread across the land about these mysterious red gems as balloons everywhere would escape battles all over into the North-West Jungle in the hopes of discovering untold riches. While balloons loved the idea of becoming wealthy, there still remained the problem of unlocking the chests. They needed a fearless and powerful partner in order to open the treasure chests in a faster fashion. So every day, Quest Balloons carrying ancient treasure chests would appear at friendly villages, bringing the village master a quest he or she would need to complete in order for the Quest Jewel chest to be opened. Depending on the difficulty of the quest, skeletons would drop tips from the sky to the village master with a few Quest Jewels contained in the chest, as well as other resources to keep a constant symbiotic business relationship. Rumor also quickly spread of a recently discovered Room of Power, locked far in the jungle with a sign on the locked door reading "50 Quest Jewels Required" right above an open vault. Whispers in the jungle proclaim that when one's ear is pressed against the door, the sound of a spinning wheel can faintly be heard. Thus is the legend of the fabled Quest Balloons and their crimson Quest Jewels.

(If you can think of an origin story, I'd love to see it in the comments! I'll include the good ones too)

Important note: Quest Jewels are NOT a resource like Gold, Elixir, and Dark Elixir. While adding another component to the game, it is not adding another resource as we know them to be. Think of them more as an Achievement, where you need a certain amount to "Claim the Reward". I just wanted to clarify that, since I am also against the idea of adding another resource to the game similar to Gold and Elixir (raidable loot).

Daily Quests

As seen in this picture, one of the legendary Quest Balloons is appearing from the jungle of the north-west, so both you and the skeleton can gain access to the Quest Jewels. In my idea, Quest Balloons will come from the north-west and proceed in a clockwise rotation around the outskirts of your base, stopping along the coastline until the Quest is over (completed or failed). This way, Balloons can all be seen in one area, but are not blocking the viewpoint of your base.

Along with a message like in the picture above, a sound effect would also announce the arrival of a Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Quest. I like something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhKO_K_xQGg (This is also my iPhone incoming text sound lol).

Here is the balloon traveling clockwise around the base on its way to the beach, where it will settle and pitch it's anchor (not an actual anchor). Quest Balloons DO NOT appear when attacking an enemy village, but only when visiting someone's base (possibly only visible to Clan Members).

As you could probably see from the pictures, a new button was added next to the Achievements button. I stated earlier that I would explain the reasoning for the Balloons in this idea. This button is a large reason why! I knew I wanted the button to be in this spot, as it made the most sense symmetrically with the UI. With it being next to the Achievement Girl's face, I knew I wanted a face for the Quests to match, which then had me think of how Quests could be delivered so the face would actually make sense, so I went with Balloons over Boats in the end.

Let's tap the button!

Daily Quests Screen

This screen is the core of the thread! This is the important part and the necessary portion. While I like the idea of something physically delivering Quests, as stated earlier, they aren't as important as this screen alone (although I think the Balloons add a great visual reminder that you have quests to complete).

I used the Trophy/League screen as a basis for this project, but changed most of the things around. As you can see in the top left, we have the Quest Skeleton with his Quests Jewels, but we have a lot user interface sections to go over. Before we start with the Quests, let's cover it all first:

This section is pretty self explanatory. We'll stay for awhile in the Daily Quests tab, but in the second post we'll go over the Weekly Quests, Monthly Quests, and Holiday Quests sections! If you want to go to a different Quest section, simply tap the desired tab. Since we aren't tapping on the Holiday Quests tab until the very end of this thread, a new Quest notification will stay above it.

This is the first time math and numbers will come up in the thread, although there will be a lot of it. Right below the Daily Quests title is a 24 hour countdown for a whole day. The time will be tied to official Clash of Clans League timing, which I believe usually starts at around 10 P.M. PST.

Masterminds' Quests: Laws and Rules
    Here is the reasoning for the timer, as well as the main rules of my idea:
    • Every day you can receive a maximum of 5 Daily Quests.
    • A Daily Quest Balloon will appear at the beginning of a new day with 24 hours left to complete it.
    • Every time a Quest is completed, a new Quest Balloon will bring another Quest shortly after.
    • If all 5 Quests have not been completed by 12 hours remaining, another Quest Balloon appears.
    • This means 2 free Balloons appear daily without completing any other Daily Quests.
    • At the end of the day, all completed/failed Quests are wiped off the screen and a new Daily Quest will appear.
    • If a Quest is in Progress when the Daily timer reaches 0, that Quest will stay until completed or failed, and then be erased.
    • Complete 5 Daily Quests (doesn't have to be on the same day) to receive 1 Weekly Quest; complete 5 Weekly Quests (doesn't have to be in the same week) to receive 1 Monthly Quest.
    • Only 5 Daily Quests can be completed in 1 day, only 5 Weekly Quests can be completed in 1 week, only 4 Monthly Quests can be completed in 1 month (since there are only 4 weeks in 1 month).
    • Completing all 4 Monthly Quests will result in a bonus prize of Quest Jewels.

I will explain all of these further throughout the thread, but this list is the basis of the entire idea and main logistics part. Let's continue on with the UI:

This meter shows how many Daily Quests are needed until a Weekly Quest will appear. The info button next to the bar will state exactly that, and possibly contain a lot of the information I wrote above in the rules and laws section. Again, it does not matter if it takes 1 day to complete 5 Daily Quests or 1 year (hopefully not that long lol). Once 5 Daily Quests are completed, regardless of time, a Weekly Quest will appear.

As mentioned in the Quest Balloons and Jewels origin story, Quest Jewels would be a new, major addition to the game. It would not be an essential resource like Gold, Elixir, or Dark Elixir, but it would be an extra enticement and valued commodity. They would not be able to be bought (unless SC decided to) and would be very hard and rare to obtain in mass quantities and quickly. This Quest Jewels section of the UI will be the only place to show how many Quest Jewels you have. As hinted about at the end of the story, the reason you want to acquire Quest Jewels is so you can spin the ancient Wheel of Riches! This recently discovered Wheel will be shown and talked about towards the end of the thread, but it has rewards that will be valued by farmer and trophy pusher alike. No matter if you are a low level TH farmer or a Champion Trophy pusher, there are very valuable rewards, buffs, and boosts that will help you! Not only can they help you, but many of the rewards will help your clan mates too! One of the main ideas of this thread is to help build better community and camaraderie, as mentioned in the Introduction paragraph.

The info button next to the Wheel of Riches button (which is grayed out until you gain 50 Quest Jewels) explains much of what I wrote a paragraph above!

This section of the UI contains all the Quests you receive throughout the day. Our user example only has 1 Quest in progress at the moment, indicated by the text on the right. I had a tough time deciding between having this section look like it currently does, or having a blank area instead of the empty boxes 2-5. After showing a few other players, we all agreed that this way looked better, as there was too much empty space in the other picture. This way also shows that only 5 Quests can be available that day, causing the user to want to acquire more quests by finishing the first one. If requested, I can post the picture of what the alternative example screen looks like!

In this example, the user has received the Good Friend quest from the Quest Balloon. This quest requires the user to donate 60 troops in 4 hours. Piece of cake! The meters in the middle will always show how much is needed on top and how much time is left below it. The top purple meter will fill up, and the bottom yellow timed meter will go down.

Quests will not always be the same: not just the actual type of quest, but the numbered figures will be different too! Sometimes you will get the Good Friend quest and you will need to donate 60 troops in 4 hours, and sometimes it will be 70 troops in 3 hours. It won't be a huge difference in the numbers, but I think minor differences in difficulty is a WONDERFUL thing. Chaos and variance in a game is good. Period. Just not TOO much. I've played a lot of games, and the best ones always have familiar gameplay with a bit of chaos and dynamic events. Static numbers, unchanging/invariable scenarios, and predictability leads to boring gameplay and people quitting, a problem Clash of Clans may be having.

One benefit of obtaining a more difficult quest is the higher % chance of a better reward by completing a harder quest, which I will talk about soon!

Also, Quests are given relative to your TH level, Clan situation, and other factors. For instance, you will not get a "Use 5 Witches Quest" if you are just TH8 and you will not receive a donation quest if you are not in a clan. Also, if you are in a clan with 2 people, you will not receive a donation quest that requires you to donate 80 troops in 2 hours. There will also be measures in place to prevent abuse of donation quests, so that you do not just join a clan with 1 other person in the hopes of getting a low donation quest. I'm guessing an average of the previous week's clan size would be a determining factor, but this issue isn't important right now, let's continue on.

Throughout this thread, we will use the donation quests as the main example in the pictures. All Quests are tiered, and are in a family of names. For instance, the donation quests are called Good Friend (Daily), Great Friend (Weekly), and Best Friend (Monthly). I really like donation quests and think it should be one of the most received quests because it inspires community and clan participation. More requests and donations would be needed, benefiting very clan!

List of Daily Quests
    Here is a BIG list of Daily Quest examples. If you have any suggestions for Daily Quests, please write them in the comments section and I'll include the good ones!

The numbers, figures, and rewards in this thread are just examples I came up with! Please, if you think they are too high or low, let me know but don't bash the thread because of them. The figures are not what are important in this thread; it is the idea itself. Numbers would be perfected later!

Every Daily Quest below would be anywhere from 1-6 hours. These are TH8 examples (TH level scales difficulty). They can not be completed in Single-Player missions unless instructed. I've also included some higher TH quests just so you can see (such as Inferno Tower Quests, Witch Quests, etc.)

Donation Quests

• Good Friend = Donate 45-75 troops (clan size would be a factor in the number).
    • Dragon Gift = Donate 2-10 Dragons
    • Wizard Gift = Donate 10-30 Wizards
    • Archer Gift = Donate 20-50 Archers

Attacking Quests
    • Trophy Pile = Gain 5-50 trophies (current trophy level would be a MAJOR factor in the number).
    • Mobster = Revenge 5-10 bases
    • Little Dipper = 1-Star 10-20 enemy player villages
    • Big Dipper = 2-Star 7-15 enemy player villages (I named all the star quests after constellations!)
    • Andromeda = 3-Star 5-12 enemy player villages
    • First Time = Do not tap Next, and 1-Star 2-5 enemy villages in a row

Resource Quests
    • Gold Rush = Loot 300,000 - 2 million gold
    • Pink Thief = Loot 300,000 - 2 million elixir
    • Dark Harvest = Loot 1,000 - 4,000 dark elixir

Troop Quests
    • Barbarian Mob = Use an army with 75-125 Barbarians or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Short Bow = Use an army with 75-125 Archers or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Wee Attak U! = Use an army with 50-100 Goblins or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Bald Is Better = Use an army with 15-25 Giants or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Detonation = Use an army with 10-25 Wall Breakers or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Fighter Jet = Use an army with 12-32 Balloons or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Dumbledore = Use an army with 15-40 Wizards or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Cleric = Use an army with 4-8 Healers or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Spyro = Use an army with 4-8 Dragons or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Female Robot? = Use an army with 3-6 P.E.K.K.A.S. or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Mosquitoes = Use an army with 25-50 Minions or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • I Pity the Walls = Use an army with 12-25 Hog Riders or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Lumber-Jill = Use an army with 7-12 or more Valkyries to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Geodude = Use an army with 2-4 Golems or more to 3-Star an enemy village
    • Made of Wood = Use an army with 4-8 Witches or more to 3-Star an enemy village

Specific Defense Destroying Quests
    • Town Meeting = Destroy 3-8 enemy Town Halls
    • Castle = Destroy 4-10 enemy Clan Castles
    • Projectile = Destroy 16-30 enemy Cannons
    • Hold Your Fire! = Destroy 16-30 enemy Archer Towers
    • Rusty Mortar = Destroy 8-20 enemy Mortars
    • Indigo Mountain = Destroy 8-20 enemy Wizard Towers
    • Safe Skies = Destroy 8-20 enemy Air Defenses
    • Electric Shock = Destroy 8-20 enemy Hidden Teslas
    • Ballista = Destroy 3-8 enemy X-Bows
    • Barad-dur = Destroy 2-6 enemy Inferno Towers
    • Dynamite = Destroy 20-100 enemy Walls
    • Bombs Away! = Destroy 10%-25% of an enemy's walls
    • Galahad = Paralyze 5-12 enemy Barbarian Kings
    • Ygraine = Paralyze 5-12 enemy Archer Queens
    • Altar Sacrifice = Destroy 4-12 enemy Barbarian King or Archer Queen altars
    • Build This! = Destroy 15-40 enemy Builder's Huts

Defense Quests
    • Not My Builders! = Do not allow any of your Builder's Huts to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Town Hall! = Do not allow your Town Hall to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Spell Factory! = Do not allow your Spell Factory to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Laboratory! = Do not allow your Laboratory to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Mines! = Do not allow any of your Gold Mines to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Pumps! = Do not allow any of your Elixir Collectors to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Drills! = Do not allow any of your Dark Elixir Drills to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Camps! = Do not allow any of your Army Camps to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)
    • Not My Altars! = Do not allow your King or Queen's Altars to be destroyed (in allotted amount of time)

Random Quests
    • Trimmed Bush = Cut down 2-5 obstacles
    • Mousetrap = Set off 8-22 enemy Traps
    • Insomniac = Play/have the game open for 1-4 hours
    • Kings Hate Castles = Have your Barbarian King destroy 3-8 Clan Castles

These are all the Quests I can think of off the top of my head, but if you have different ideas (especially for the Random Quests), I'd love to include them! If you have any ideas for quests that will inspire clan unity and camaraderie, I REALLY want to read those.

I realize some of the Quests I listed may not be possible code-wise (such as Kings Hate Castles) but I think most of them would be possible. Again, these are all JUST ideas.

Here are some different positive aspects that would happen with these Quests:
    1. Donation Quests will promote clan unity/participation and add to the social/community experience, which in my opinion is the key aspect of Clash of Clans.
    2. Troop Quests will promote use of different troop combinations, in the hopes of adding more dynamic gameplay to the user experience.
    3. Defense Quests will promote different base designs, which will fit in nicely with the new Base Builder mode. For instance, in the Not My Builders! quest where you cannot have any of your Builder's Huts destroyed in a certain amount of hours, you may re-design part of your base to protect those huts for a few hours. Most of the defense quests make you protect things normally put outside your walls, such as Spell Factories and Laboratories. It will add variance and a little fun to the game (for those that want to do the Quests)!

Forum users' created Daily Quest ideas:

From Lycanthrope, page 17:
    "Persian--Three star x amount of bases with 70.0% or less of your max army size. (Ex. 140/200)
    Athenian--Three star x amount of bases with 50.0% or less of your max army size. (Ex. 100/200)
    Spartan--Three star x amount of bases with 30.0% (see what I did there ) or less of your max army size. (Ex. 60/200)"

From Majesty, page 27:
    -Get 15 archers killed by a single mortar shot;
    -Engage and win a 1v1 Barbarian King versus Barbarian King battle;
    -Get 3 or more giants thrown in the air with a single Spring Trap;
    -Get 20 or more barbarians killed by a single Giant Bomb;
    -Make a giant step on a Sunflower Bed, 10 times."

Out of space, continued on to the next post (2 of 3)...
    Last edited by Mastermind; October 15th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Mastermind | Level 122 | TH10 |
    Hyrule Knights | 52-1 in Clan Wars
    Clan Leader (Join us!) | Meet the Hyrule Knights! (Introduce Yourself)
    My Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea
    My Saved Base Layouts Idea | My In-Game Builder Idea (now in game!)
    My Player Profile Update Idea

Continued from first post...

Daily Quests Rewards

After that long section about the Quests you need to complete, let's dive into the Rewards you receive for completing those quests! For this thread, I use 5 different rewards:
    • Gold = 25,000
    • Elixir = 25,000
    • Dark Elixir = 250
    • Gems = 5
    • Quest Jewels = 3

I save the best rewards (buffs, items, clan help, and boosts) for the Wheel of Riches. If you have an opinion on what types of rewards there should be, please let me know in the comments section. I'll say it one more time: PLEASE do not bash this thread if you think the rewards are too high in value or too low in value. The numbers I created are just examples (even though I spent some time thinking about how to give good rewards without being too much). The values are not what's important in this thread, but the idea itself! Thanks.

In the picture above, you can see what resource you can acquire, how much you can acquire, and how easy or difficult it is to receive. For Daily Quests, every completion results in 1 Quest Jewel PLUS 1 other resource chosen randomly. I have broken the rarity of the items into 3 categories:
    • Common = 60% to 65%
    • Uncommon = 30% to 35%
    • Rare = 5% to 10%

This means that for every Quest completed, you will always receive 1 Quest Jewel and have a much higher chance to receive Gold or Elixir as opposed to Gems or extra Quest Jewels. The 5% leeway I give is due to the difficulty of a specific Quest. Remember earlier when I mentioned that the same Quest could be easier or more difficult? Here is where it comes into play. Let's use the Good Friend Quest as the example again. If you receive the Good Friend Quest and it tells you to "Donate 60 Troops to Clan Members in 4 hours" then you just got an easy version! Because of being easier to complete, the chance at getting a Rare reward would be low (probably 5-6%). But if your Good Friend quest tells you to "Donate 75 Troops to Clan Mates in 1 hour", then the difficulty of the Quest would result in a higher chance of receiving a Rare reward (such as 9-10%).

Quest Rewards scale with TH level AND Trophy level. One major problem people have with trophy pushing in the game is the inability to loot enough resources to keep up with upgrades and army compositions. Like mentioned at the very beginning, I see complaints about this ALL the time, and this idea will help in that department greatly in my opinion. For instance, someone at 1700 Trophies at TH8 might receiving 25,000 Elixir for completing a Daily Quest, but someone at 3000 Trophies and TH8 might receive 40,000 Elixir. There would be multiple formulas in place to rightly determine how much someone should receive. This would only apply to Common and Uncommon rewards (not Gems or more Quest Jewels).

Scaling with Trophy levels would ENCOURAGE more people to gain a high amount of trophies, and reward those who try to reach the top!

Edit: Suggestion by JJSCHMITTY, page 22: "You could impliment a difficulty slider; the harder you put it, the bigger the rewards are. So instead of having 15m gold a month for default, you could put it down to 5m (for say 3 gems), normal (for say 5 gems), or hard, at 50m a day (for 25 gems)."

Now that we covered the logistics of this thread and how my idea will help many aspects of this game (talked about at the very top in bullets), let's continue on with the thread and show visual examples of what a Daily Quest process will look like!

Daily Quest Example Process

In our user's example, he is still trying to complete the Good Friend quest, but he is running out of time! He still needs to donate 11 Troops in 21 minutes. Hopefully he makes it!

Phew! He completed the quest in time! Like mentioned earlier, the Quest will stay up in this section, regardless if it was completed or failed until a new day begins. A couple different things to note here. The Weekly Quest bar at the top now shows at 1/5, needing 4 more completed Daily Quests to receive a Weekly Quest balloon. Also, the Status indicator (now reading Completed in green) has moved to the middle and a Claim Reward button has taken its place on the right.

So let's tap on the Claim Reward button!

Just like completing an Achievement, clicking the Claim Reward button sends you back to your village screen and shows what you have received in text. The Quest Balloon drops your rewards (with the exact same look as clearing obstacles) and begins to move clockwise, back to the North-West jungle to look for another Quest Jewel chest. Also of note here is the experience gained. Small, but just something extra.

Let's tap the Quest Button again and see how our Quest Screen looks.

A couple things have changed. The Claim Rewards button has been replaced by visual indicators of the resources you just received as a reward. Our user got 1 Quest Jewel and 25,000 Gold! Our Quest Jewel counter now shows us having 1/50 Quest Jewels, needing 49 more to spin the Wheel of Riches.

Congratulations! You have just finished a Quest in the Mastermind's Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea! Let's skip ahead a little bit to later in the day where we have more Quests in progress.

Now that we skipped ahead to later in the day, as you can see we have some Daily Quests still in progress (one just finished and is leaving to exit into the North-West Jungle). Let's tap on the Quest button and see what it looks like.

It's all filled up! This picture above is my favorite of all the ones I made and best shows off what my idea is all about. We have a little over 2 hours left in the day and have 2 Quests completed, 1 failed, and 2 in progress. Our user was lucky and got 5 gems as a reward for completing the Build This! quest (again, which is rare).

Let's take a look at what it is like to receive a Weekly Quest.

After a couple days, our user has completed 5 Daily Quests. Shortly after the 5th one was completed, a Weekly Quest Balloon appeared!

Weekly Quests

As the Daily Quest Balloon is leaving, you can see the Weekly Quest Balloon appear, with text announcing it's arrival (along with a sound effect I mentioned earlier in the first post. The balloon is purple with a silver metallic top, as well as being a bit larger. Let's tap on the Quest button and see what quest we received!

Our user has received the Great Friend Weekly Quest. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to be using the Friend donation quests as the primary examples in this thread. As you can see, we have 5 Quest Jewels out of 50 (the 5 representing the Daily Quests we completed in order to get them).

Also, the rewards have changed on the right. For Weekly Rewards, obviously the values have gone up, but in addition to that, the number of additional rewards has increased from 1 additional reward with Daily Quest completions to 2 additional rewards received when Weekly Quests are completed! For instance, completing a Weekly Quest will reward you with 3 Quest Jewels, and 2 other rewards (such as Gold AND Elixir). The Common, Uncommon, and Rare percentages are still the same as Daily Quest Rewards.

The Weekly Quest Rewards I came up with (for a TH8 farmer) are:

• Gold = 87,000
    • Elixir = 87,000
    • Dark Elixir = 610
    • Gems = 15
    • Quest Jewels = 5

Again, these values aren't important in this thread (I just made them up). But they give an indication of what the rewards COULD be like!

Weekly Reward Forum Suggestions:
    From RKO, page 8: "For the monthly or weekly quest as a reward I'd like to see boosted barracks for 24hrs, which would be under rare 3-5% chance, this could also work with collectors and spell factory."

List of Weekly Quests
    Here is the list I came up with of Weekly Quest examples.

Every Weekly Quest below would give you anywhere from 3-5 days to complete. Again, these are TH8 examples (TH level scales difficulty). As mentioned before, I've also included some higher TH quests just so you can see (such as Inferno Tower Quests, Witch Quests, etc.)

These Quests I have listed are mostly in the same families as the Daily Quests, but the values and names have been altered.

Donation Quests

• Great Friend = Donate 500-1,400 troops (clan size would be a factor in the number).
    • Dragon Offering = Donate 30-50 Dragons
    • Wizard Offering = Donate 75-150 Wizards
    • Archer Offering = Donate 300-700 Archers

Attacking Quests
    • Trophy Heap = Gain 25-200 trophies (current trophy level would be a MAJOR factor in the number).
    • Kingpin = Revenge 25-50 bases
    • Ursa Minor = 1-Star 45-85 enemy player villages
    • Ursa Major = 2-Star 30-70 enemy player villages
    • Cephus = 3-Star 15-40 enemy player villages
    • First Instance = Do not tap Next, and 1-Star 10-20 enemy villages in a row

Resource Quests
    • Pan Handler = Loot 4,500,000 - 10,000,000 gold
    • Pink Bandit = Loot 4,500,000 - 10,000,000 elixir
    • Black Harvest = Loot 10,000 - 25,000 dark elixir

Troop Quests
    • Barbarian Gang = Use an army with 75-125 Barbarians or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Long Bow = Use an army with 75-125 Archers or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Wee Blitz U! = Use an army with 50-100 Goblins or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Bald Is Beautiful = Use an army with 15-25 Giants or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Explosion = Use an army with 10-25 Wall Breakers or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • B2 Bomber = Use an army with 12-32 Balloons or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Gandalf = Use an army with 15-40 Wizards or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Shaman = Use an army with 4-8 Healers or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Sapphira = Use an army with 4-8 Dragons or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Female Samurai? = Use an army with 3-6 P.E.K.K.A.S. or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Dragonflies = Use an army with 25-50 Minions or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • I Pity the Defense = Use an army with 12-25 Hog Riders or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Lumber-Jane = Use an army with 7-12 or more Valkyries to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Graveler = Use an army with 2-4 Golems or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages
    • Wood Floats = Use an army with 4-8 Witches or more to 3-Star 8-22 enemy villages

• Meeting Adjourned = Destroy 18-45 enemy Town Halls
    • Fortress = Destroy 20-50 enemy Clan Castles
    • Gunpowder = Destroy 60-170 enemy Cannons
    • Aim, Steady! = Destroy 60-170 enemy Archer Towers
    • Broken Mortar = Destroy 28-60 enemy Mortars
    • Violet Mountain = Destroy 28-60 enemy Wizard Towers
    • Shielded Skies = Destroy 28-60 enemy Air Defenses
    • Lightning Bolt = Destroy 28-60 enemy Hidden Teslas
    • Pallintone = Destroy 15-30 enemy X-Bows
    • Eye of Sauron = Destroy 12-24 enemy Inferno Towers
    • C4 = Destroy 250-550 enemy Walls
    • Bombs Everywhere! = Destroy 10%-25% of 8-22 enemy's village walls
    • Lancelot = Paralyze 25-50 enemy Barbarian Kings
    • Morgan Le Fay = Paralyze 25-50 enemy Archer Queens
    • Altar Ritual = Destroy 22-48 enemy Barbarian King or Archer Queen altars
    • Construct This! = Destroy 100-220 enemy Builder's Huts

Defense Quests
    • Poor Builders! = Only allow your Builder's Huts to be destroyed 5-15 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Town Hall! = Only allow your Town Hall to be destroyed 3-7 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Spell Factory! = Only allow your Spell Factory to be destroyed 3-7 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Laboratory! = Only allow your Laboratory to be destroyed 3-7 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Mines! = Only allow your Gold Mines to be destroyed 18-40 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Pumps! = Only allow your Elixir Collectors to be destroyed 18-40 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Drills! = Only allow your Dark Elixir Drills to be destroyed 6-14 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Camps! = Only allow your Army Camps to be destroyed 12-25 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Poor Altars! = Only allow your King's or Queen's Altars to be destroyed 6-14 times (in allotted amount of time)

Random Quests
    • Mowed Lawn = Cut down 12-25 obstacles
    • Insect Lamp = Set off 50-110 enemy Traps
    • Sir Plays A Lot = Play/have the game open for 18-55 hours
    • Kings Detest Castles = Have your Barbarian King destroy 15-35 Clan Castles

Forum users' created Weekly Quest ideas:

• RKO, page 2: "I also had a idea for a clan quest. Maybe once a week a clan will have a quest, for example; have a total of 10k donations in one week for the whole clan, at the end everyone would get the usual reward they get for weekly quests."
    • Gam3rALO, page 35: "Fly High: Donate 150+ Flying Troops to your clan mates."

Let's skip ahead and pretend we have completed 5 Weekly Quests, so we can see what Monthly Quests will look like!

Monthly Quests

Monthly Quest Balloons have no fabric covering the balloon as it was burned off by the seething energy infused into it by the Ancient Chests. Our balloon almost now looks like a floating light bulb! It's also bigger than Daily and Weekly Quest Balloons.

Let's skip ahead yet again to see what our base looks like with a bunch of Quests available.

As I've mentioned earlier, all the Quest Balloons congregate along the shoreline of a player village until they have been completed or failed. Let's tap on the Quest button and then tap on the Monthly Quests tab!

Since we've skipped ahead in time, our user now has 48 Quest Jewels and just finished a Monthly Quest so he can claim his reward, meaning he will then have over 50 Quest Jewels! We'll get to that in just a little bit. Also, I stated at the top that completing all 4 possible Monthly Quests in 1 Month will result in a bonus amount of Quest Jewels (I'd say 5-7). The green meter at the top normally keeps track of a possible 5 Quests completed until a new level of Balloon is available. For Monthly Quests, it keeps track of how many Monthly Quests have been completed in the CURRENT month. If all 4 Monthly Quests are completed, the meter fills up and you receive the bonus Quest Jewels. At the beginning of a new month, the meter goes back down to 0/4. So the Monthly Quests green meter acts differently than the Daily or Weekly Quests green meter, and the Info button to the left of it explains all of that!

We'll claim the reward soon, but first let's go over our last set of rewards and quests with the Monthly Quests.

For Monthly Rewards, obviously the values have increased again, as well as the number of additional rewards, from 1 additional reward with Daily Quest completions to 2 additional rewards with Weekly Quests and now 3 additional rewards received when a Monthly Quest is completed! The Common, Uncommon, and Rare percentages are still the same as Daily and Weekly Quest Rewards.

The Weekly Quest Rewards I came up with (for a TH8 farmer) are:

• Gold = 265,000
    • Elixir = 265,000
    • Dark Elixir = 1,150
    • Gems = 30
    • Quest Jewels = 7

Monthly Rewards Forum Suggestions:
    From RKO, page 8: "For the monthly or weekly quest as a reward I'd like to see boosted barracks for 24hrs, which would be under rare 3-5% chance, this could also work with collectors and spell factory."

List of Monthly Quests
    Every Monthly Quest below would give you anywhere from 15-21 days to complete. As usual, these are TH8 examples (TH level scales difficulty). Again, these Monthly Quests I have listed are in the same families as the Daily and Weekly Quests, but the values and names have been altered.

Donation Quests

• Best Friend = Donate 2,500-5,500 troops (clan size would be a factor in the number).
    • Dragon Bestowal = Donate 130-210 Dragons
    • Wizard Bestowal = Donate 330-580 Wizards
    • Archer Bestowal = Donate 500-1,000 Archers

Attacking Quests
    • Trophy Mound = Gain 100-400 trophies (current trophy level would be a MAJOR factor in the number).
    • Mastermind = Revenge 80-125 bases
    • Draco = 1-Star 210-340 enemy player villages
    • Orion = 2-Star 125-175 enemy player villages
    • Hercules = 3-Star 60-90 enemy player villages
    • First Moment = Do not tap Next, and 1-Star 20-30 enemy villages in a row

Resource Quests
    • 49er = Loot 21,500,000 - 39,000,000 gold
    • Pink Pirate = Loot 21,500,000 - 39,000,000 elixir
    • Shadow Harvest = Loot 30,000 - 42,000 dark elixir

Troop Quests
    • Barbarian Horde = Use an army with 75-125 Barbarians or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Composite Bow = Use an army with 75-125 Archers or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Wee Defeets U! = Use an army with 50-100 Goblins or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Bald Is Bodacious = Use an army with 15-25 Giants or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Eruption = Use an army with 10-25 Wall Breakers or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Air Force = Use an army with 12-32 Balloons or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Merlin = Use an army with 15-40 Wizards or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Druid = Use an army with 4-8 Healers or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Smaug = Use an army with 4-8 Dragons or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Female Knight? = Use an army with 3-6 P.E.K.K.A.S. or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Wasps = Use an army with 25-50 Minions or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • I Pity the Village = Use an army with 12-25 Hog Riders or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Lumber-Jess = Use an army with 7-12 or more Valkyries to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Golem = Use an army with 2-4 Golems or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages
    • Weight Of A Duck = Use an army with 4-8 Witches or more to 3-Star 35-60 enemy villages

• Town Watch = Destroy 75-120 enemy Town Halls
    • Citadel = Destroy 90-135 enemy Clan Castles
    • Artillery = Destroy 300-500 enemy Cannons
    • Fire At Will! = Destroy 300-500 enemy Archer Towers
    • Demolished Mortar = Destroy 150-210 enemy Mortars
    • Black Mountain = Destroy 150-210 enemy Wizard Towers
    • Sheltered Skies = Destroy 150-210 enemy Air Defenses
    • Lightning Storm = Destroy 150-210 enemy Hidden Teslas
    • Polybolos = Destroy 75-120 enemy X-Bows
    • Mount Doom = Destroy 45-65 enemy Inferno Towers
    • Nitroglycerin = Destroy 750-1,500 enemy Walls
    • Armageddon = Destroy 10%-25% of 35-60 enemy's village walls
    • King Arthur = Paralyze 90-150 enemy Barbarian Kings
    • Guinevere = Paralyze 90-150 enemy Archer Queens
    • Altar Immolation = Destroy 85-140 enemy Barbarian King or Archer Queen altars
    • Assemble This! = Destroy 300-500 enemy Builder's Huts

Defense Quests
    • Unlucky Builders! = Only allow your Builder's Huts to be destroyed 25-60 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Town Hall! = Only allow your Town Hall to be destroyed 15-25 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Spell Factory! = Only allow your Spell Factory to be destroyed 15-25 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Laboratory! = Only allow your Laboratory to be destroyed 15-25 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Mines! = Only allow your Gold Mines to be destroyed 90-140 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Pumps! = Only allow your Elixir Collectors to be destroyed 90-140 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Drills! = Only allow your Dark Elixir Drills to be destroyed 30-50 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Camps! = Only allow your Army Camps to be destroyed 60-95 times (in allotted amount of time)
    • Unlucky Altars! = Only allow your King's or Queen's Altars to be destroyed 25-38 times (in allotted amount of time)

Random Quests
    • Trail Blazer = Cut down 60-100 obstacles
    • Fish Hook = Set off 250-400 enemy Traps
    • Go Outside = Play/have the game open for 90-150 hours
    • Kings Loathe Castles = Have your Barbarian King destroy 70-105 Clan Castles

Forum users' created Monthly Quest ideas:

• (Last time, if you have any suggestions for Monthly Quests or Rewards, please write them in the comments section and I'll include them!)

Now let's go ahead and tap on the Claim Reward button (back up from the last image) for completing the Pink Pirate quest!

Out of space, continued on to the next post (3 of 3)...
    Last edited by Mastermind; October 19th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Continued from second post...

Acquiring 50 Quest Jewels

Just like I showed from completing the Daily Quest, clicking Claim Reward takes us back to the Village screen and tells us by text what we have won as rewards. Since it was a Monthly Quest we completed, we received the normal 5 Quest Jewels, and 3 additional resource prizes! Just like before, the Quest Balloon drops the prizes and gives some experience (in similar fashion to cutting down an obstacle).

In addition, we finally have received 50 Quest Jewels after much time, completions, and dedication and can now spin the Wheel of Riches! Text in red notifies us of this feat, as well as a notification on the Quest button. Let's tap it and see what it looks like.

As you can see, our 5 received Quest Jewels from the last completed Quest pushed us over the 50 mark needed and we can now Spin the Wheel! Any Jewels after 50 will go towards the next 50.

The Wheel of Riches button has turned from grey to green, signifying we can now go to the Wheel of Riches room. Let's tap it!

Wheel of Riches

Spinning the wheel is the grand prize for actually participating in and completing quests (besides the extra resources). This Wheel contains some prizes that are not currently in the game, and some that have been desired by players for a long time! These prizes can help everyone: some will help the most competitive end-game Champion gemmers, while others will help the premature noob farmer. Before I get into the prizes, let's cover the layout and UI first.

First things first, the basic wheel design was found here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...l-game/2837893 . Awesome job to the original creator! I was going to make one but I really liked this look, so I took it and made it "Clashy" haha!

As you can see, there are 16 different prizes in the Mastermind Idea, but if SC ever implemented something like this, there could even be more! The prizes can be viewed on the right by scrolling up and down. Tapping on a prize on the right will flip its slate and give a description of the prize.

I'll get into the prizes I thought of in just a second, but here is what the Prize section looks like when individual slates are tapped on.

To actually spin the wheel, you simply touch and hold on the Pointer Dial for a few seconds until it lights up, and then give it a good swipe downwards, which will cause it to spin dramatically for 10 seconds or so.

I also made some signs on the walls: on the left it explains what to do and on the right it shows the previous prize won and the date it was received on!

Wheel of Riches Prizes
    Here is a list of 16 Prizes I came up with, but again, they are just examples. Please don't say they are too overpowered and bash the entire thread idea because of it, they honestly could really be any prize. If you have specific suggestions for Wheel prizes, PLEASE comment and I'll include good ones! But here are the ones I thought would be different and fantastic to add! Again, these prizes would be rare, as the Wheel would most likely be spun once a month if that. The prizes should be prominent and reflect the amount of work you put in to spin it.

Resource Collectors

• Gold Mine = 1 permanent Gold Mine. If landed on again, all mines boosted for 5 days - 1 week.
    • Elixir Collector = 1 permanent Elixir Collector. If landed on again, all collectors boosted for 5 days - 1 week.
    • Dark Elixir Drill = 1 permanent Dark Elixir Drill. If landed on again, all drills boosted for 5 days - 1 week.

As you can see in the description picture above, you can only receive a new Resource Collector once, so if you land on it again, all of your collectors of that type (Gold, Elixir, or Dark Elixir) will be boosted for 5 days - 1 week, identical to the Clash of Clans birthday boost this past August.

Extra resource collectors have been asked for on the forums now for MONTHS. I see it all the time, so I figured I'd include it as the pinnacle prizes of the Wheel. In my opinion, these are the prizes most people will want first. Resource collectors will add more potential loot not only for self farming, but extra loot in raids too!

Resources (scales with TH level, I'll use TH8 as an example)

• Gold = 750,000 Gold for yourself and 50,000 Gold for everyone in your clan.
    • Elixir = 750,000 Elixir for yourself and 50,000 Elixir for everyone in your clan.
    • Dark Elixir = 15,000 Dark Elixir for yourself and 450 Dark Elixir for everyone in your clan.
    • Gems = 100 Gems for yourself and 5 Gems for everyone in your clan.
    • Quest Jewels = 20 Quest Jewels for yourself and 3 Quest Jewels for everyone in your clan, AND 1 Free Spin.

For the resource prizes (since they aren't as glamorous as the other prizes), I made it so that not only you but the ENTIRE clan will receive a small portion of the prize! This changes the basic dynamic of the prize and actually makes it something one might seek (besides the obvious lucrative amount for oneself). It also is a big help in clan unity, pride, and loyalty, and community/social involvement, which as you can tell throughout this thread I am a HUGE proponent of.

Obviously the amounts given would scale based on TH level for you and your clan members, so that a TH4 member would receive a significant amount less than a TH10 member. It's a prize that every clan member is secretly hoping you will get! Either an inbox message or notification on screen would alert each clan member of the news that you won them a specific resource, and the party would commence for you in clan chat!

Battle Boosts

• Troop Capacity = 10 extra troops spaces added for 5 days.
    • Spell Boost = Spell Factor boosted for 5 days.
    • Extra Time = 30 extra seconds during each battle for 1 week.
    • Attack Boost = Damage and health of all troops increase by 4%-6% for 5 days.
    • Defense Boost = Damage and health of all defenses increase by 4%-6% for 5 days.
    • Loot Penalty Decrease = Loot penalty tables go down by 10% for 5 days.
    • Trophy Boost = Amount of available trophies increased slightly for 4-5 days.

This section I'll admit could be controversial. While myself and a bunch of others I've talked to about these prizes love them, I know not everyone will. This section is exactly what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned how dynamic gameplay is great for games, and how chaos and unpredictability in battle can be a wonderful aspect to a somewhat predictable game. The more you play, the more you "know" how well your troops will do against a base. Battle Boosts would be a minor way of slightly changing that. Remember, this is the Wheel of Riches we are talking about, so it is not like you will be having these boosts all the time. The most you could spin the wheel would probably be once a month, and with a bunch of other prizes available, Battle Boosts would not be that common.

This is why I think adding something like Battle Boosts would be INCREDIBLE for this game. These are the prizes that hardcore Trophy Pushers would be craving: that extra bonus to help them succeed. The Trophy Boost would be the pinnacle prize for Trophy Pushers, allowing a slight increase in the amount of available trophies per battle. For instance, if 3-starring a base would give 10 trophies, it would now give 12 or 13.

EDIT: Justthought I would clarify on the potential concern for Battle Boosts being too game changing, and how rare one would actually get them. My explanation for how SC should handle these boosts and all wheel rewards (as I posted on page 13):
    1. Don't make Quest Jewels purchasable, making Spinning the Wheel rare (if you do all Quests every day, would take about 3-4 weeks).
    2. If SC decides to make them purchasable, put a timer on how often one can spin the wheel (such as every 3 weeks).

All the Wheel Rewards (specifically the Battle Boosts) are just 5 days, and it could be lowered to 3-4. That means, if the 2 solutions I listed above are in effect, you COULD have a Battle Boost for 3-5 days every 3-4 weeks, hardly outrageous. IN ADDITION to that, you only have a small chance of actually landing the wheel on a battle boost, and SC could make the odds even lower. So the real odds of you getting a Battle Boost, even if you play every day, would be something like 1 Boost for 3-5 days every 2-3 months. That is honestly what it would be.

Because of these odds, it makes Battle Boosts acceptable. The Boost are VERY minor to begin with, but it gives incentive for Gemmers and trophy pushers to participate in Quests, because they don't care about resources or building boosts. Gemmers spend the money to keep the game running, so appeasing them is also paramount without being too game changing.

Upgrade Boosts
    • Builder Boost = Builders build 10% faster for 3-5 days.

Most people would love to land on this prize, as it basically means upgrades happen faster. Not much more can be said about this, other than the fact that this prize too could be controversial. While everyone I've shown is for it, I know (just like any idea out there) some will be against it.

Forum Suggestions:
    Elm, page 7: "IN MY OPINION rewards/quests should be linked whit your league(for balance), For instance if a champion league guy has all his village maxed he wont need gold... The reward could be gems or something useful and how would be possible for a guy with champion league win raids just with barbs or archers?....
    This might be to encourage people to be on a better league."

Spinning the Wheel
    That covers all of my ideas for Wheel of Riches prizes! Once again, the figures I've listed are (while thought out) just examples. If you have suggestions for me to add, please comment and I'll include them.

Also, I mentioned earlier that Quest Jewels would not be able to be purchased with Gems. If SC decided to make them able to be bought (business move, I wouldn't complain) then I think there would need to be a timer on spinning the wheel, such as once every 2-3 weeks.

Let's skip ahead to our user spinning the wheel, as the dial dramatically slows down and lands on a prize!

Woot woot! We just won 20 Quest Jewels AND 3 Quest Jewels for everyone in the clan! Bet they'll be happy! Tapping the Claim Reward button will give the prize to you and your clan members.

Just a couple more things to cover in my long idea before we finish, so let's claim the reward and go back in the past to a time before we had that annoying notification over the Holiday Quests tab haha. We can pretend, can't we?

Holiday Quests

It's Halloween! And that means... Holiday Quests! I see people constantly asking for more holiday things to be added during the game, and Holiday Quests would be an incredibly easy way for Supercell to do it. Currently only Halloween and Christmas are celebrated in Clash of Clans, but with this idea I could imagine Thanksgiving, Easter, their birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and other holidays celebrated with Holiday Quests, even if they were small additions and not a major update. Other major holidays celebrated around the world could be added.

As you can see in the picture, 5 Halloween Quest Balloons have entered from the North-West Jungle. They would appear when you first enter the game after the holiday updates. These balloons obviously are holiday themed with Jack O'Lanterns replacing the normal cloth. For other holidays, I imagine the balloons being holiday-themed as well, such as Easter Eggs for Easter, hearts for Valentine's Day, ornaments for Christmas, etc.

Just as normal Quest Balloons enter the fray with a sound effect (as I mentioned earlier) Holiday Balloons would be no different. Here is the sound I can envision for Halloween Balloons to arrive with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21DspKocdwA MUAHAHAHAHA!

Let's tap on the Quest button and check out the Holiday Quests tab.

A lot of visual changes happen when Holiday Quests are in effect, just like visual changes happen in the game currently during holidays. Pumpkins, bats, and webs are sprinkled all over the screen. The Holiday Quests tab will normally be white in text when no holiday is in session, but change color based on the theme of the current holiday. If the tab is selected during a non-holiday (when the text is white), the screen will alert the user to "Keep checking back here for future Quests".

The 2 main sections here are the actual Holiday Quests and Holiday Rewards. We'll start with the quests first.

Halloween Quests
    Those were the 5 Halloween-themed quests I could come up with, but if you have any suggestions for other Holiday Quests (could be ANY holiday) please write them in the comments section! As you can see, Halloween Quests last for the whole month. I could picture other holidays having 2 week Holiday Quests if it wasn't part of a major update, but just a small, easy thing SC could add to the game (say for Valentine's Day starting February 1 through February 14).

I'd imagine difficulty would scale with TH level similar to normal Quests.

Halloween Rewards
    The rewards however work a bit differently than normal Quest Rewards. As you can see on the right, there are 3 rewards. 2 of the rewards (the Quest Jewels and Dark Elixir) are received upon completion of each of the 5 Halloween Quests. The main prize of each Holiday season would be a unique reward. For this Halloween example, I used a Witch Statue.

The Witch Statue (or whatever unique Holiday Quest Reward) is won only if all 5 Holiday Quests have been completed in time. I mentioned that the green meter at the top (that normally tells you how many completions needed until a higher level Quest comes) is different for Holiday Quests (and Monthly Quests too, which results in bonus Quest Jewels). For Holiday Quests, the green meter essentially keeps track of all the Holiday Quests completed. Once it's full, it means you have completed 5 of 5 Holiday Quests and will receive the unique reward (in this case, a Witch Statue). In my mind, I picture the red eyes glowing when graves are present at your base.

Just like last Christmas with the Christmas Trees, I like the idea of having a non-game changing reward for completing all 5 Holiday Quests. Here are some different ideas for Holiday Rewards:
    • Decoration (like this statue)
    • New Background (such as Goblin Map layout, with screen to choose through ones you've collected)
    • Small aesthetic change to a troop (with on/off ability)
    • In-game music reward (ability to change the music to Halloween or other themes with on/off switch)

One last feature before this thread ends!

New Achievements

This was a small addition I thought would add more to the idea. Pretty self explanatory, but essentially it would give more incentive to do a lot of Quests. These Achievements would take awhile to do, especially the Monthly Quests one.

Forum User Suggestions

I am also one that wants a better community so the ones that involve a cut for your clan seems great

From HypzZ, page 11:
    CLAN QUESTS
    i think there should be CLAN QUESTS
    i.e.
    - Donate (number of troops ) in ( time period )
    - reach a total of ( amount of trophies ) in ( time period )
    - loot a total of ( amount ) elixir in ( time period )
    - loot a total of ( amount ) gold in ( time period )
    - destroy a total of ( amount ) town halls in ( time period )
    or for the higher tier clans reach the top 200

From Bobbychan, page 13:

One simple, but never mentioned, suggestion:
    Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Holiday Quests should give more rewards based on your time remaining upon completion.
    How this will work (doesn't have to be exactly as I put it):

• 0-25% of time remaining: No bonuses
    • 25-50% of time remaining: 25% bonus
    • 50-75% of time remaining: 50% bonus
    • 75%+ of time remaining: 100% bonus

The bonus does not apply to quest crystals; it only applies to the secondary prize you receive, such as Gold, DE, or gems.
    Example:
    [Daily] Good Friend: Donate 50 troops in 2 hours
    - Player A completes this with 1 hour and 15 minutes remaining, which falls into the 50-75% range (50% bonus). He receives a quest crystal and 25k gold. Because of the time bonus, he gets an extra 12.5k, or 12500, gold.
    - Player B completes this with less than 10 minutes remaining. She gets a crystal and 25k elixir, with no bonuses.
    - Player C completes this with 1 hour and 59 minutes remaining. He gets a crystal and 5 gems, with another 5 gems for the time bonus.
    - Player D fails to complete this quest. He receives nothing, with no bonuses.
    Of course, this should also apply to weekly, monthly, and holiday quests.
    Simple, right?

From JJSCHMITTY, page 22:
    "You could impliment a difficulty slider; the harder you put it, the bigger the rewards are. So instead of having 15m gold a month for default, you could put it down to 5m (for say 3 gems), normal (for say 5 gems), or hard, at 50m a day (for 25 gems)."

From Majesty, page 24:
    - Quest difficulty and rewards tuned accurately on player's level (that white, until now, useless number, on the top left corner of the screen, in a blue frame)
    - Advanced Quests unlocked only after reaching a certain level

From Lohan23, page 31:
    Lightning Rod- Kill 20 clan castle troops with a lightning spell.
    make it double.-drop a healing spell on a unit that is being healed by a healer.
    lady's man- use all healers with only your barbarian king.
    jumpin' around- get 100% using 4 or more jump spells.
    a variety- get at least 50% using one of every troop with no spells or heroes.
    Pile o' Bones- get at least 50% with at least 5 balloons, wall breakers, and witches.

From Jaden99, page 33:
    "Just a small thing for 'bragging rights' if you win something on the wheel of riches a message could go on clan chat I'll use me as an example."
    "Jaden T. has given <Insert amount here> gold to everyone in the clan."

From RoyCranston, page 40:
    "I love this and I read all of if! One thing, which would probably be implemented anyway, would be that you could tap your Quest Balloons when they are on your beach. The quest name could appear above them, as well as an "i" button for the information screen that is commonly seen when tapping any other building. It could then display information on the achievement, what you have to do, and how far you are from completing it."

In Conclusion

Thank you SOOOO much for reading this thread and my idea! If you read all of it, I really appreciate it as it took some time to make all of this.

I realize this idea is very involved, especially with all the logistics, but the core idea itself is something that I'd imagine could be easily implemented (as far as providing us with Daily Quests and Rewards). Everything else I wrote about, including the Quest balloons, Quest Jewels, Wheel of Riches, Weekly Quests, Monthly Quests, Holiday Quests, and intricacies of the specific quests and rewards are all icing on the cake and not essential, although they are all ideas that would (in my opinion) GREATLY add to the fun and innovation of this wonderful game.

In the introduction, I had a list of bullets that I claimed would be addressed throughout this post. All those bullet points have been issues or desires people have wanted changed or added to the game and all of those points are covered and applied with my idea. I'll post them again so you don't have to scroll to the top:

• More ways to earn resources
    • Sustainable loot at higher trophy counts, in addition to league bonuses (as leagues don't cover the cost to maintain a high trophy level)
    • More reasons to trophy push
    • Additional resource mines/pumps/drills
    • Different ways to earn gems (besides achievements and obstacle clearing)
    • Other reasons to play every day
    • Daily rewards
    • Change the way we play/battle
    • Variance to the game other than attacking another player's base (adding a different dynamic to the game)
    • More clan/community involvement
    • Different troop combinations used
    • Different reasons to re-design our base
    • More added during holidays
    • Simply, more fun added to the game

Supercell is a fantastic company and listens to its player base, as evidenced by Village Edit Mode. If SC sees this, we appreciate all the free updates you provide for us, and I hate how a small outspoken minority can put down what is provided to us freely. I'd love to hear what SC thinks about this idea!

Here is how you can help! As stated MANY times throughout this thread, I'd love to hear your comments, opinions, and suggestions. I'd greatly appreciate it. Here are some things I'd love for you to comment on:
    • Your Daily Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Weekly Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Monthly Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Holiday Quest and Rewards ideas (any holiday)
    • Your Wheel of Riches Prizes ideas
    • Specific quest ideas that would promote community and clan participation
    • Origin story ideas
    • General comments, ideas, suggestions, concerns, etc.
    • Even just a simple "I like/don't like it" if you took the time to read this thread

If you like this idea, please share it with friends in-game! That's really the best thanks you could bestow upon me, just passing this thread around and having other people see it.

Again, I realize this post may be moved and I'm OK with that, so please no "Wrong Sub-Forum Noob", I know. Hopefully people in General can see this as well (just as my other threads were left in General for a few days-week and other Idea threads are there).

Thanks for reading and happy clashing everyone!
    Mastermind

P.S.
    Check out my other threads from last month about an In-Game Base Builder/Saved Layouts (recently added to the game) and an updated Player Profile! Both are similar threads to this with pictures and detailed explanations. Let me know what you think of those ideas in their threads too!

http://www.tinyurl.com/basebuilder

http://www.tinyurl.com/mastermindprofile

Last edited by Mastermind; May 28th, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Id like to make a suggestion. Im not done reading yet but i think the quest should appear at Noon. Rather than Midnight. Maybe im just reading wrong?
    EDIT: sorry just saw to dont post yet:/
    Last edited by ghostxmarksman; October 11th, 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: my badd
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/97176-The-Unity-Alliance
    Co-Leader of Unity Origins! 30-0 CW!
    200 Legos, 49 Lavas, and 1 Zap.
    AQ:22 BK:24
    Unity is a non-ghosting Alliance. We support fair CW play.

EDIT: I'm hijacking this post to put up more info that I can't fit on the first 3 posts:

My suggestions throughout the comments:

- Q and A

Q: Won't people at higher trophies want to drop to complete Quests easier? For example: 3 star Quests at Masters/Champions... it will be too difficult for them as compared to someone in Gold.

A: That is a concern but there are many solutions. For instance, Rewards would be significantly higher for those in higher leagues, promoting trophy pushing. Quests would also be tailored around and take into consideration your trophy level. Your Question of 3 starring at high trophy levels is no different. In a couple of the comments throughout this thread I wrote that the number of stars required should go down based on your league/trophy level. For example, a person at 1800 trophies might get 1 star quests 33%, 2 star quests 33%, and 3 star quests 33% as well... whereas a person at 2800 trophies might get 1 star quests 60%, 2 star quests 30-35%, and 3 star quests 5-10% of the time. That way it wouldn't encourage people to leave higher trophy levels.

Q: How does this idea benefit Supercell/Why would they want to add it?

A: First and foremost, the playerbase wants this idea. It has been the most popular and commented thread since it was released, and even more popular than Clan Wars (the most requested idea since the game's inception) as evidenced by here: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...uld-you-prefer . As of writing this answer (March 22, 2014) this thread has over 1,200 comments and well over 100,000 views. It has been mentioned by Supercell in a few developer interviews as well. All of this shows that it is an extremely popular idea among the people who play and pay for this game. And as SC knows very well: more happy players playing directly equals more money made.

Almost more importantly for Supercell however is the fact that this idea can be HIGHLY monetized without being too "in your face" about it. I list several of the ways Supercell can profit from this idea throughout the OP and comments, but I'll list many of the ways here too. All of the things in this list are optional, but they are ways that SC could definitely benefit:

- The biggest one being Quest Jewels could be purchased with Gems. Very controversial and I'm not toally
    for it but would understand their decision to monetize this. IF THEY DID, it would be 100% necessary to
    put a cap on the number of times the Wheel could be spun. Minimum of 2 weeks in my opinion but most
    likely 2-3.
    - Adding ability to switch a Quests with another one for the cost of a determined amount of gems.
    - Adding re-spins to Wheel rewards (if someone does not want their prize) for a high amount of gems that
    progressively get higher.
    - More time added to specific Quests for a low amount of gems.
    - The whole idea itself will cause more people to use gems to speed up troops/spells/heroes with the sole
    purpose of completing Quests on time.
    - Encourages players to join higher trophy leagues for much higher Quest rewards, which indirectly will
    cause many players to spend gems to maintain a high trophy count.
    - Clan Quests can be monetized by using gems to switch Quests.
    - The idea itself could cost gems to unlock, like an expansion pack. For example, a Quest Hut that would
    cost a certain amount of Gems (much like Builder Huts) to unlock the process of getting Quests.
    - Many more ways as described in the OP.

- Clan Quests: In addition to individual Quests, Clan Quests would be given to clans in a similar way. My next thread will include this, stay tuned!

User suggestions:

From Underrated, page 120:
    "(DAILY)
    - Goblin Rival: Earn 40-50 different Single Player Campaign stars (i.e. you can beat each stage to count once per stage per such mission)
    - Fried Chicken: Use no spells except Lightning Spells to 3-star (unless you agree with my above argument) an enemy village
    - First Aid: Use no spells except Healing Spells to 3-star an enemy village
    - Making Me Mad: Use no spells except Rage Spells to 3-star an enemy village
    - Get Your Hops Up: Use no spells except Jump Spells to 3-star an enemy village
    - A Cool Strategy: Use no spells except Freeze Spells to 3-star an enemy village

(WEEKLY)
    - Goblin Foe: Earn 55-65 different Single Player Campaign stars
    - Thunderboomers: Use no spells except Lightning Spells to 3-star 8-22 enemy villages
    - Battlefield Medicine: Use no spells except Healing Spells to 3-star 8-22 enemy villages
    - Burning Passion: Use no spells except Rage Spells to 3-star 8-22 enemy villages
    - Leap of Faith: Use no spells except Jump Spells to 3-star 8-22 enemy villages
    - Chill Out: Use no spells except Freeze Spells to 3-star 8-22 enemy villages

(MONTHLY)
    - Goblin Enemy: Earn 70-80 different Single Player Campaign stars
    - Never Strikes Twice: Use no spells except Lightning Spells to 3-star 35-60 enemy villages
    - Hospital in a Jar: Use no spells except Healing Spells to 3-star 35-60 enemy villages
    - Attitude Problems: Use no spells except Rage Spells to 3-star 35-60 enemy villages
    - On the Up and Up: Use no spells except Jump Spells to 3-star 35-60 enemy villages
    - Absolute Zero Problems: Use no spells except Freeze Spells to 3-star 35-60 enemy villages

(Yeah, I know this is a liiitle redundant with Lohan23's suggestion, but eh)

(WHEEL OF RICHES REWARDS)
    - All Single Player Campaign missions regain 50% loot for you and 5% of loot for everyone in your clan"

Quote Originally Posted by ghostxmarksman View Post
    Id like to make a suggestion. Im not done reading yet but i think the quest should appear at Noon. Rather than Midnight. Maybe im just reading wrong?
    EDIT: sorry just saw to dont post yet:/
    It's all good ghost! Just wanted to get the 3 posts up in a row before any other post came between it hehe. Good suggestion, I'll add a section with user requests for general topics (aside from the quest requests). The reason I have it tied to League official time is that it might be easier for SC to tie it in with that. Plus by noon you'd have 2 free quests
    Last edited by Mastermind; March 23rd, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

Looks awesome. Pleas listen SC!

I haven't even started reading but I can see you have put a lot of work into this so props to you.

Thanks to theblackbeltpanda for making this awesome sig. Check out Panda's shop!
    Level: 71
    TH: 8
    Walls: All 7's
    Clan: None

3/3 on great ideas it would be a good addition. We've been hearing lots of "the game has a lot of repetition" and this could make a change and would also help with activity. The only problem is see Is: the daily quest would be too much since gems would come too easily but a weekly one would be reasonable. (Unless you don't get gems on the daily quest) Overall nice thread

ign: alex
    Clan: Ex Elysium
    Lvl: 122

I'm suprised that SC has not put everyone of your great ideas into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Mercer, Video Game Actor, 2014 View Post
    I feel like somebody opened the arc and I didn't close my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett McLaughlin, Youtuber, 2014 View Post
    I wish, I wish upon a star, to ride with dragons in a land afar.

Quote Originally Posted by RKO View Post
    3/3 on great ideas it would be a good addition. We've been hearing lots of "the game has a lot of repetition" and this could make a change and would also help with activity. The only problem is see Is: the daily quest would be too much since gems would come too easily but a weekly one would be reasonable. (Unless you don't get gems on the daily quest) Overall nice thread
    Thanks RKO As far as Daily Quests and gems, gems would be a Rare reward meaning there would only be a 5-10% chance of receiving it if the Quest was completed. I made the Gem reward for Daily Quests be 5 gems, but it could really go down to 3. I don't think 5 is a lot however, when most likely, if you did all 5 quests every day, you MIGHT receive 5 gems. You get more than that a day from clearing obstacles a.k.a. doing nothing.