Thread: Type Of CoC Bases

Trainee

Type Of CoC Bases

There are so many bases like Trophy Hunting,Hybrid,Farming...and maybe Pokeball? Tesla Theme Park? But actually what are the difference and how i know which one suits me?

I really want to know the difference between Trophy Hunting,Hybrid and Farming bases

Thanks.

Well farming is protecting as much resources as possible without caring about trophies

Trophy hunting is prioritising your base so it is difficult to get a win but may mean loss of resources

And hybrid a mix of both maybe i dunno about that one
    TH10 CO LEADER IRN BRU CLAN

Forum Mad Scientist SilverSword's Avatar
    Trophy Hunting - Town Hall is main priority protected.

Farming - Resources are the main priority protected:

Hybrid - A mix of the two above ^

Midnight Rain

Level 110 | TH9

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSword View Post
    Trophy Hunting - Town Hall is main priority protected.

Farming - Resources are the main priority protected:

Hybrid - A mix of the two above ^
    Congrats 911 posts now your a cop in jail!
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJ2 View Post
    Walls are mainly cycological
    This post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklee View Post
    There are so many bases like Trophy Hunting,Hybrid,Farming...and maybe Pokeball? Tesla Theme Park? But actually what are the difference and how i know which one suits me?

I really want to know the difference between Trophy Hunting,Hybrid and Farming bases

Thanks.
    Trophy hunting bases have ress outside, and have max protection on the town hall, in the hopes of gaining trophies on defence.

Farming bases have the town hall outside, because its pointless to have it inside, and aim to protect ress as much as possalbe.

Hybrids aim to protect ress and trophies, but do not do either as well as farming or trophy bases respectivly.

Transformers can be easily changed to hybrid, trophy, and farm by moving a few buildings around. Best kind for TH8+ imo. Hope this helps

Trainee
    Ok...thanks all

Hybrid is the option to farm and trophy hunt?

IGN: gj
    TH: 8
    Farmer
    Fight for Sand Box mode!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoTonix View Post
    Hybrid is the option to farm and trophy hunt?
    its a base that has a bit of both trophy push and farming base layouts.
    so it will have your town hall inside your inner circle aswell as your storages.
    Red Ribbon Army!
    Clan Leader -Townhall 10 level 101+

Quote Originally Posted by Toby111 View Post
    Transformers can be easily changed to hybrid, trophy, and farm by moving a few buildings around. Best kind for TH8+ imo. Hope this helps
    +1 to that
    IGN: Richard | Level 111 |TH10 | Exodias II
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Hybrid is a base that protects both the Town Hall and Resources equally well and the Town Hall can be swapped with another building for an easy shield if needed. It's very popular for higher town hall farmers (TH9-10) where the trophy amounts can mean all the difference to what loot is available for raid so having an option to win trophies or gain shield overnight is very useful. The reason it's called Hybrid is you can simply swap the TH in the centre for another building and have the town hall outside four a quick shield but you are also able to have the town hall in the centre to gain trophies and win defence.

The difference between a Hybrid base and a Trophy base is the trophy base is designed to win defensive battles at any cost and often tries to lure attacks by sacrificing resources. While Hybrid bases can be used as trophy bases, trophy players with advanced base defences want people to attack them as they get much more trophies for defensive wins than attacks. You'll see top players on the leader board with resource storages outside but with weapons behind them in the hope people will go for the loot at a loss of trophies. Bases like Hybrids where the loot is well protected get attacked less up there in my experience at high trophy levels, and I changed my base to one with storages outside on our last clan push to get people to actually attack my base. Storages have some of the highest HP in the game so having them outside with defensive weapons behind them means the troops get attacked a long time before the storage is destroyed.

Farming bases protect resources only. Typically town halls are left outside unprotected for an easy shield to prevent being available to other farmers.

The latest bases Transformers i've been hearing about lately are like a hybrid but in order for them to change to protect the town hall they need to move several buildings for the base to function well. In my opinion these kind of bases, from what I have seen, are better at farming than protecting the town hall as the way the bases need to change to accommodate the Town Hall and the changes to the splash damage weapons coverage suffers as a result as well as other things like DE storages and Clan Castle placement. The other issue with these bases is it's not a quick fix to change the base. If you're on the run and need to quickly swap to protect the town hall you have to move quite a few buildings for the base to function.
    BERZERKER - InTheDark - YouTube