Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exclusive interview with Jorge Yao, Currently Rank #1 Clash of Clans Player! Part 1

Post Exclusive interview with Jorge Yao, Currently Rank #1 Clash of Clans Player! Part 1

Summary: A total of 64 minutes of audio interviews with #1 Ranked Player Jorge Yao, currently well on his way to being the first player to reach 4,000 Trophies. Each part of the interview focuses on a different aspect of high trophy count gameplay: Gems, Tactics & Strategy, or Jorge's thoughts on game balance, updates, and his plans for the future, and more. Please try to keep discussion of each broad topic to the respective threads, linked here below. For the videos, click through to the discussion thread.

Interview Parts and Overview:

Part 1 of the video can be found here, on my YouTube Channel

This post is a discussion post for Part 1, which focuses on Gems and Money.
    Specifically, how high level players use them in game. Please attempt to keep your discussion in this thread related to the content discussed in this video and directly related conversations such as Gems, In app Purchases, spending habits, balance as related to spending gems, and game updates as related to gems.

For my previous thoughts on Gems for both high level players and low level players, view these videos:

For immediate access to the additional parts of this interview, you can subscribe to my YouTube if you so desire.
    Last edited by Flammmy; January 27th, 2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added links to second part
    Clash of Clans YouTuber
    Founder/Moderator of /r/ClashofClans and Leader of Reddit Clan System (1,000+ members, 21 Clans)

Wishing I was in a field in France watching fast cars and drinking cold beer
    Really enjoying this Flammy, it's really well done, you are leading the pack with your videos bro

I'm surprised he says he has spent so little though, i'd have said twice that at least.

Q&A session with Daddy click here
    Check out The Rising's new web site click here
    Clan Wars gameplay videos and tutorials click here
    Oh look it's a trip to Finland to see Supercell click here
    Yay I got Twitter for exclusive pics and stuff click here

Wow, thanks Flammy! I appreciate your work for the community and your videos.

It's interesting that he says, that the only reason that he plays CoC competitively is, because his jobs allows him to and he's gaming while working. And otherwise he coudln't stay on top because you get attacked so frequently. 1 attack per hour on this level, I would have thought maybe 1 attack a day
    Last edited by ex00r; January 26th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Not to bring down the guy, but I met him on global a while ago and he was an absolute jerk to most of the ppl there.

^Sign up Now!!!^

Nice job brother!

Got to say I'd agree with you Daddy on the spending...
    Fozzie & GranteIsles on the spawn rate of trees...

Fozzie: According to the wiki, one spawns every 8 hours, regardless of activity

GranteIsles: I get 2 grow per day if every 8 hrs is right I should be getting 6

Quote Originally Posted by Djemerson13 View Post
    Not to bring down the guy, but I met him on global a while ago and he was an absolute jerk to most of the ppl there.
    Do go on...
    Fozzie & GranteIsles on the spawn rate of trees...

Fozzie: According to the wiki, one spawns every 8 hours, regardless of activity

GranteIsles: I get 2 grow per day if every 8 hrs is right I should be getting 6

Nice one.

The game becomes boring when playing for farming only. Competing for trophies is more exciting as there will be a goal to reach. The battles are more challenging and someone will be triggered to alter styles to win more. I think i will let go on farming just for gold or elixir and start enjoying little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Djemerson13 View Post
    In all fairness, this is the only time I met him and its not like we haven't gone on global and trolled before. Probably just a coincidence

^Sign up Now!!!^

jorge yao

That just about sums it alllll up... a game dominated by deep pockets..wether you spend....€ £ $ ¥ ....gems is the only way its now been made that way..resulting in whimpers like me realising its futile thinking about anything other than being in a quality clan and havin some fun...it feels a bit grey what with knowing the end goal is totally unreachable..unless i spend everything i work for...i dont hav deep pockets...that guy spends more a week than i earn in a week...its cheaper being on xbox live with a £€$¥40 game ....where wil it end what will become on coc

When will Part 2 and Part 3 be out?