Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold income and getting to Town Hall level 6

Gold income and getting to Town Hall level 6

OK so I'm level 28. Town Hall 6 costs 750,000 gold. I can have 5 gold generators and currently they are upgraded to level 8 - producing 1900/hour.

That's 9,500 gold / hour. At a needed 750,000 gold we have 3.25 days I cannot spend gold *OR BE ATTACKED* to be able to upgrade. Perhaps this is what is intended - that you buy a shield for that time and then AFK (though I can't imagine that's a very fun game - a game I don't play for 3 days).

So let's say instead you try and make it from attacking.

Finding a new opponent (at my level) costs 170 gold. When I search for opponents almost 80% of them have less than 10k gold - I've found a very few rare "suckers" with a few tens of thousand gold. Remember, I said we need 750k to get to town hall 6.

I CAN make gold attacking people, but I have to spend it or else it's stolen from me. I've taken to only using archers since they are so cheap and I can win with them at this level.

So instead of producing this 750k let's say we attack for it. Assuming there's no cost to find a new opponent (there is, 170 at this level) and assuming we aren't attacked (we are, I usually get attacked within 30-60 minutes of my shield being down) and finally assuming we can net about 10k-20k / attack - that's 37-75 attacks before we can upgrade.

Given it takes rebuild time to rebuild your army between attacks (I said I'm using fast and cheap archers though, so build time is minimal) we can attack about once every 20 minutes. That works out to be about 12 hours required of finding 10-20k gold targets wherein I'm never attacked.

So what am I misunderstanding? Because I can't see any of these conditions as true - yet there are clearly people with TH >= level 6.

Please inform me.

Thanks!

Exclamation Town Hall Upgrades

The people that you see with Town Halls higher than level 5, well most of us have purchased GEMS to upgrade the TOWN HALL. Thats the only real way to do it right now because most of us cant afford to stay online for 12 to 13 hours trying to upgrade to only have it stolen from an unguarded attack.

Most of the people don't notice it but even when you get attach and they get 3 star, you will still have about 80% of resource of what you have left before you got attacked...

Being attack will not lose all your resource.

Quote Originally Posted by codyL49 View Post
    The people that you see with Town Halls higher than level 5, well most of us have purchased GEMS to upgrade the TOWN HALL. Thats the only real way to do it right now because most of us cant afford to stay online for 12 to 13 hours trying to upgrade to only have it stolen from an unguarded attack.
    OK so I can see that as being viable from Supercell's mindset (that is, making money) but does it just happen again at every upgrade around there? Or does something at TH6 make it easier to defend for a while?

Can you, with TH6, get enough income to get back to upgrading your place or does this game at that level entirely turn into a gem-purchase game?

Thanks for your reply and confirmation of what I was seeing.

Really???

Your correct, not everything is lost but when we are trying to save up to upgrade something and loose any portion of what we are saving its just that much longer that we have to stay online to be able to complete the upgrade that we are trying to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by friendship9611 View Post
    Most of the people don't notice it but even when you get attach and they get 3 star, you will still have about 80% of resource of what you have left before you got attacked...

Being attack will not lose all your resource.
    How confident are you about this statement?

As a way to test this, this previous weekend (Labor Day weekend in the US) I left my game unattended while camping in the mountains for - you guessed it, the required 3 days. When I came back I found that I had been attacked every 12 hours (shield time) and I came back with about 20k gold and 20k elixir. Therefore, I think you're wrong.

Let's do some math approximates:
    If I can be attacked only every 12 hours (assuming I do nothing, let myself get blown up) in that 12 hours I will generate 1,900 gold * 5 generators = 114,000 gold.

If you're right and an attack will only take 20% of that, then I'd lose 22,800 gold leaving me with 91,200 gold at the 12hour mark. Shield goes up, I'm safe for another 12 hours.

At the end of those 12hours (1 day total) I'd have 91,200 + 114k = 205,200 gold.
    Attacked at the 24h mark, 20% of my gold stolen leaves me with 164,160 gold.

That's 1 day in - and basically doing 'nothing' I'm still making gold.

But, as I said, I tested this and after 3 days I had about the same amount of gold and elixir I started with when I left - ~20k.

Am I wrong? Show me. I want to understand.

I think its turning into a gem purchase game at the upper levels. The price of some of these upgrades require the player to stay online for an undetermined amount of time and most of the players dont have this kind of time so we purchase gems to upgrade. I am trying to complete the Town Hall level 8 upgrade right now and I purchased gems for it, my other issue is the amount of time it takes for these upgrades. Level 8 takes 8 days to complete unless you purchase more gems to speed it up.

Looking back at my logs over the weekend I can assure you it's > 20%. I lost 20k, then 40k, then 66k, then 94k, then 92k, then 91k. The first few attacks my defense was relatively strong and while they hurt me enough to give me a shield, they didn't hurt me enough to take all my gold.

If they get in there and get your gold, they definitely can take it all. Notice I gave you 6 defense values, that's once every 12 hours for 3 days so I think I'm correct.

Hint

You have to make use of any tools they (the Devs) give you, as the game is being increasingly geared up to make money. Nothing wrong with that, they're running a business and it's up to you whether you feel you can commit to such a game, and whether you believe they are a trust worthy brand that operate a 'genuine' model.

So, use both strategies you mention, then put the 'cancel' button to good use! You can tier up your build spend incrementally over several different builds, go offline and on returning cancel the upgrade, save/battle for more gold and tier up an upgrade. Repeat until you have the required resources.. Just be careful of 'random' dis-connections. Keep your gold 'locked' up at all times. You should have enough resources this way within a couple of days.

..and then 1200000 gold for lev 7 lol

Kim, that's a great idea. I understand what you're saying and will try that. It makes sense to "tie your gold up" in pending upgrades and since the upgrade times are so long you have more than enough time to make more money and cancel them and reinvest. I'm surprised they give you back the full amount on a cancel.